Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GoldKey bail out on there optimization trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just logged into my account a few minutes ago to see if Yahoo ever approved my optimization requests made well over a month ago. This was out of curiousity since i pulled out of GK after the revenue bombed. I didnt even see the link to the optimization screen anymore. Just curious if they trashed it.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
Just logged into my account a few minutes ago to see if Yahoo ever approved my optimization requests made well over a month ago. This was out of curiousity since i pulled out of GK after the revenue bombed. I didnt even see the link to the optimization screen anymore. Just curious if they trashed it.

Is it really bailing out if it never worked in the first place? I had a request in for more than 6 weeks and never saw any progress either. One could argue it's all a part of their growing pains.

Also, I had a domain that is a $1.00 per day earner go rejected at Goldkey. They even said it shouldn't have been as it was a generic type-in domain, but they couldn't get Yahoo to take another look at it.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's odd, beacuse I got a typo of a TM name approved...

I also had a request for optimization removed from my account.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had approval for 10 DN requests in 48 hours.
This happened right after they switched severs.
Then a week later I left.
The $$$ stopped so I switched over to TrafficClub
Took TC 2 weeks to approve my account, but quick service there. Can't review revenue, yet. Only been there for 3 days.

esger

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brn2h8 said:
That's odd, beacuse I got a typo of a TM name approved...

I also had a request for optimization removed from my account.

I got a Yahoo typo approved... :rolleyes:

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL , good one esger!

They took the optimization link down few days ago , now we have no way of knowing when and if our optimization requests are approved or not. Another bad week at GK!

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Whats the deal with GK...started off great...now they said to me in an email that they are not going to optimize home pages? What?...Are they going out of business already?

How can you you NOT optimize a domains main page?

Also, 8/12, 8/13 revenue off very sharply...

Looks like they are turning into less than the run of the mill domain parking company

Sad indeed...thought they had something real good going.

Dan

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The exit door is flooded at goldkey

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a confirmation from them that they are no longer optimizing. All of my requests were approved by them and waiting and waiting and waiting for Yahoo approval, and the option to optimize just dissappeared.

They still do pretty well for some keyword type-ins, and I haven't had anything banned from search engines - the domains just don't get artificially lifted in search engines they way that they did for a while. DS is definitely better for some domains, and Gold Key for others.

Some of the parking pages are really a joke, though. The optimization needs to be reinstated and made to work if I am ever going to park some of my domains there. PhobiaDoc.com returns links to pet products, for example.

JEsports said:

esger

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I send them a mail some days ago, here is the reply :

Subject: Optimization
Comments: ====== 08.12.05 05:36 PM EDT User wrote : ======

Hi,

I noticed that the optimization tool was not there anymore. Is there an other way to change the keywords?

Also, do you plan to use Overture.fr (or others) for french names?

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

Steve

====== 08.12.05 08:50 PM EDT User barry wrote : ======
We have decided to no longer offer the domain optimization request tool for now. We our operating within the boundaries of our relationship with our sponsored listings provider. Goldkey and our partner are always looking for ways to improve the relevancy of our lander/results pages.

We are in the process of testing the Overture international feed now. We will make an announcement soon regarding when the International feed will be live.

Regards,
Barry Levine

I think they are looking for best ways to optimize...

Expirepro

Expired DN Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
esger said:
I send them a mail some days ago, here is the reply :

I think they are looking for best ways to optimize...

I think that is perhaps the case aswell,But some of my names there continue to do extremly well with overture keywords that i have used to monitize my names there.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i doubt they are closing up shop yet i just got a check in the mail today

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have decided to no longer offer the domain optimization request tool for now. We our operating within the boundaries of our relationship with our sponsored listings provider. Goldkey and our partner are always looking for ways to improve the relevancy of our lander/results pages.

This must be the "standard" reply...I got the same response from a different service rep.

Check out this...Its just one email response in a "flury" of emails I sent them:

Hi XXXX,

Again, you say:

We are trying our best to get domains to have the most relevant results on them. But, there is currently nothing we can do right now in terms of changing the results on a page like the one you mentioned.

You can't do it ??? This is what your whole service is based on: "domain name monetization"

http://golfclubs-golfcourses.info/

To monetize this domain....a domain name monetization company would put results about golf clubs and golf courses. Why, because thats what they do in order to get their advertisers the best value for their money and also give there domain clients the most for parking there domains with them.

Yet...

You keep telling me that GoldKey... a domain name monetization service company somehow feels they cannot monetize domains for their advertisers and their domain clients...and that I should have a landing page for: http://golfclubs-golfcourses.info/ .....that has everything on it except for golf advertising.

If you "currently" cannot do this...when do you think you might consider actually offering domain monetization services?

I just do not get it.

Thanks for your time.
Dan

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All my domain landing pages are generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom