Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Goldkey Dont Answer So I am Suing Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

netplusmedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Several emails, blatent rudeness by ignoring requests - time to sue so anyone else want to join in?

They do not respond, they do not pay, and I had CONFIRMATION from Yahoo that they got paid on my domains - Yahoo even queried why I had stopped using their services - so I gave them the lowdown.

No wonder Y! dropped them.

Get out of there quick - I have a feeling they got 'big' and feel they no longer wish to carry on, feeling they had earned enough.

WRONG!

Learn to run a business properly - else you will suffer, like you made so many of us do. Lets see if they have any balls to answer this.

netplusmedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes GK was sold, but is it not amazing how the previous owner is still a GM at the company that bought it - Namemedia?

Look at the bottom of this page to see Brian Carr - the VP...........looks like a site 'sale' never really happened and to disassociate debts to me (usual BS)

http://namemedia.com/about/management.html

sattv2000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe some of the moderators on this board have a way to communicate with GK? They do not answer emails to anyone...I have been with them for 2 years...At least they should let us know if its time to fold up or continue waiting? Their revenue is down in the gutter after the switch - avg of 0.03 per click????

asianinvasion

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Y! dropped them? How do you know that they didn't opt to switch to a Google feed?

Oh please, I've not yet seen one legal threat that has resulted in a class action lawsuit.

netplusmedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not talking about a class action lawsuit - I am from the UK so they do not apply.

I just think it is disgusting that people like myself spend a lot of time working on line and these so called 'businesses' steal that time.

As said I had confirmation that they got my revenue from Y! yet they wont reply. They just stopped my account the day after I moved all my domains away (after being with them for over a year)

As a publisher would you drop Yahoo?

Excellent track record of payments, the best CPC in the industry and the best customer service. Look at their recent click values. They were getting high CPC values and now looks like they are less than 10% of what they were.

Any online business should be 100% customer orientated, and if this company were customer orientated they would stick to their guns and do what they did right.

Instead they apparantly move to Google, which I do not like, and look what's happened.

Its either a management balls up, or simply a cover up to the fact they lost Y!

asianinvasion

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with you that Yahoo outperforms Google, but I think the reason why they switched to a Google feed is because they allow one-click landers on any domain. I've pretty much stopped parking my domains at ActiveAudience, and my revenue is also 90%+ down.

netplusmedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Quote:

"they switched to a Google feed is because they allow one-click landers on any domain"

Pretty much explains it all - revenue greed (steal as much as they can), and the reason WHY Google ads are lower CPC.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GK is an ass.

Oppss..... I should say buydomains ;)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here, no communications at all for a few weeks. Still waiting for promised replies from my acct exec 3 weeks ago. Revenue also turned-out to be extremely poor vs the others :( about 85% less.

Their new control panel also is not as good as the old one IMO, especially regarding stats and revenue information.

In the past I thought they had good cust service but it seems on the decline since their recent purchase by a larger firm. That often happens with all kinds of businesses after a buyout but not an excuse for it.

P.S. Still no reply or past due revenue payout?

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I confirm that the revenue dropped terribly, over the 90% on my account (however I am talking about activeaudience right now. But it's the same thing; same owners and same switch of provider from Y! to crappy G).

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are now being managed by RegisterFly.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you going to carry through with your lawsuit? or is this just hot air?

netplusmedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No not hot air - it's crazy and totally immoral of a company. It seems so many people are being ignored by them - not just me.

These people are no better than bank robbers - its all theft.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I beleive Scott at Goldkey is a member here, did you try contacting him?

swbriggs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Netplusmedia - Feel free to PM me your username and I can confirm that your payment went out.

-Scott

swbriggs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trader - PM me your account info and I can take a look to see what the issue is. I can tell you that some people who have seen poor performance is due to traffic quality. I am assuming that you are a good domainer and traffic quality would not be an issue so if you send me your info I can take a deep dive into your account.

Also if you did not receive you payment I can look into that. Most payments did go out on the 15th, but there was a group of people that that there was an issue and the PayPal payment went out the following week. Every month we pay our users and we pay on time if not earlier than the 15th. This is still the same company owned by the same people for over a year.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scott, thanks for the offer to again look at it but you also said you would do that several weeks ago but never heard back. I will contact you again thru email.

I know with 100% certainty my traffic quality is mostly top-notch and highly targeted, typical well paying keywords and phrases in good categories. A large percentage comes from either direct navigation or search engines.

A possible reason many of us had giant drops (80-90% has been reported by several) in revenue with you is because at almost the exact time (same week from what I understand) I was testing your service for the first time on a large scale you switched feed providers going from Yahoo to a Google feed.

IMO your firm may not have had its act together at the time and the payments reported from the new feed somehow got screwed-up big time for one reason or the other. It's also possible the new feed provider itself under-reported to you possibly because they were not geared up properly to process your traffic surge at the time.

I also know at the time there was a lengthy delay in reporting stats which was running 3 to 5 days late with no stats reporting in the acct. Again, I am thinking the cause of the reporting delay was some kind of screw-up, likely related to your new feed provider. These are all educated guesses and may or may not be accurate of course but I can't think of anyhing else.

urir123

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scott,let me tell you something

activeaudience was the no 1 company on the industry until they switch to google feed provider,
i think that now a lot of Portfolios owners are going to leave you.

from average 1.5$ per click to 1-5 cent ,with the same traffic and keywords
that i had with yahoo feed provider.

in one word : "google killed my Portfolios"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom