Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Goobersmack.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, this is interesting. This guy is asking $50,000 for goobersmack.com, and the reserve is not met, so let's say he has a reserve of $100,000:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3405683001&category=11153

The funny thing is, the domain isn't registered. So, if I were to register it (I'd have a receipt to prove he never owned it), and then bid $100,000 eBay would try to charge his credit card the princely fee of $1513.

Tempting isn't it? :D

Someone actually just registered it :laugh:
I wouldn't be that mean, of course, but it's dangerous to post something you don't own on eBay..

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the more bizarre listings on ebay that's for sure.
Bit like the guy who keeps posting Japanese names for $10 million - he's been doing it for a year now - you'd think he would be bored of it by now.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's another crazy auction on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3404430795&category=11153

... Do you think these people realize they are bidding on the domain elance3.com and not elance.com? I was looking for a button somwhere on the ebay listing to report the auction to ebay... but couldn't find anything. I couldn't find a link anywhere on ebay to contact them about deceptive auctions. If its there they certainly hide it well, just like their phone #. It's amazing that a $24 billion company behaves this way. Ebay has a higher market cap than General Motors... unfreakin believable!

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, I have been watching that one too.. Admittedly, it does say in the first sentence "this auction is not for elance.com", but still..

I've also been concerned about the number of shill-bid private auctions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom