Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Good Amazon Affiliate Sites - Examples?

Fabbstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey there!

Was wondering if peeps wouldn't mind sharing good examples of amazon affiliate sites they've seen or own - so we could learn / get ideas.

To get the ball rolling, here's one I developed a while back by overlaying content onto the Amazon's Astore: http://buy.uk.net Naturally it doesn't get much traffic, can't imagine many Astores do.

Anyone got any good examples? :)

Fabbstar

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@dcristo do u have any examples to post?

According to amazon referral stats I have, more or less, 1% conversion is that acceptable?
I have clients of mine with real eshops getting less conversion rates only they have much more traffic thus making decent revenue compared to my amazon affiliate website.

Last edited:

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats a very good conversion rate. It mostly depends on the products you are promoting. Actually what I meant to say is "the best type of amazon sites" ... you are never going to get much traffic to an astore. The astores that scrape descriptions from amazon and add no value to the user are just another google update away from taking a massive hit if they haven't already.

Last edited:

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got it now :)
I write my own product description, I only crawl and fect image and price details from amazon along with the affiliate links.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@dcristo and with the hope I m not hijacking this topic; I ve read about the thin affiliate website a lot. I guess when you get classified like that your serp's arent that good enough right?
Google for "retro headphones", I m probably around 3,4,5,6,7,8 position so I guess that rule didnt apply to me even though after the Panda update I lost rankings for a month or so.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thin affiliate site = primary purpose is to make money

google is wanting to promote high quality content, so give them what they want.

if your an e-commerce store, think of ways you can add value. for example, adding reviews, comparisons, whatever the user would be interested in to make a purchase. we're past the point whereby simply having unique content is enough.

Fabbstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I launched SimFreeSmartphones.com 3 or 4 months back, this time with a smarter framework and a lot more content. So far I've not been hit by Google, and the site has stuck at PR5. With more content and a gradual movement away from Amazon, who knows...

Any other examples to share?

Last edited:

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are using dropshippers or other affiliates other than Amazon?
Great desing, u should change logo to reflect the website design ;)

Fabbstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many thanks @ Makis77, have considered your feedback!

I have only ever used Amazon in truth, need to look into others, especially holidays and days out / experiences

davidmcclemans

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are probably interested in seeing some specific examples of successful amazon affiliate websites.
1. Kitchenfaucetdivas.com
2. Livelongerrunning.com

Jen-Sin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are probably interested in seeing some specific examples of successful amazon affiliate websites.
1. Kitchenfaucetdivas.com
2. Livelongerrunning.com

Hi @davidmcclemans , are these sites ranked, and ranked for what keywords?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom