Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Good host for WebPress/Joomla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

some host providers with which you had good experience on WebPress (or Joomla), suggestions?

Thank you

beyond.domaining

www.BeyondDomaining.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'd say GoDaddy is excellent for both. they have something called their Hosting Connection that will install WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and/or any other open source CMS you can think of for free with your hosting account.

most hosting plans will do this, but i know from my own experience that godaddy is particularly easy

Jarrall

Minisite Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints with justhost.com hosting. Depending on what plan you choose it costs $3.95-$6.95 a month, and they allow unlimited add on domains, and have wordpress and joomla.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'd say GoDaddy is excellent for both. they have something called their Hosting Connection that will install WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and/or any other open source CMS you can think of for free with your hosting account.

most hosting plans will do this, but i know from my own experience that godaddy is particularly easy

As a Godaddy customer of no less than a half dozen accounts i can tell you godaddy hosting for these apps is so fraught with problems you will dump entire installtions not one but twice per site.

As a Godadddy domainer i have installed many but they fail. the password failure upon install has been 100% for my last 4 customers. these were unique new accounts, same problem.

I have had to dump entire cms' with joomla and postnuke becasue the passwords regulalry fail and customer service doe sn't support them and cannot de-encrypt the data file for the password.

If you want every function staleld ona need to call in to get an upsell and get bad or phony advice, yep buy godaddy. I am surprised they don;t have lawsuits.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think hostgator is a good option. I havent had any problems and I have two reseller accounts through them.

As beyond posted they also have the free installs. You just goto Fantastico in your CPanel and they are both there. Takes about 30 seconds to install.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think i may pay for my customer's hosting now i am so embrassed at Godaddy's lies.
Godaddy phone support is telling ym customer i don;t even need hosting acess to install the 3rd party apps and such, and the "invite" to manage the executive account failed because (going on hour number 3 on this lovely saturday when i could have had the site up now) still cannot access the account setup using any combination of passwords logins whatever.
Godaddy, when you absolutely positively need to throw your time away.

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally use following:

hostgator
budgethost.ca
hostmaven

I am satisfied with all three. However, before choosing anyone, better google to find recent reviews.

GDHosting

Go Daddy Hosting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
myst woman,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having. We really want to help you and have offered our help in the past. We still want to provide assistance and ask that you private message us with the domain name so we can investigate and get in touch.

Sincerely,

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go daddy hosting-

we are on day 5 of not getting to log into the account. i am getting resosnes to my multiple trouble ticket emails that tell em to login to get a screenshot of the problem.
CAN'T YOUR MACHINES READ?

do you want to explain why the last 4 separate clients i have guided to godaddy have the EXACT same problem?

recent quote from client:
I give up. No more I can do. My hosting account lists you as a account exec. I re-issued your invitation earlier this evening. I was looking for someone to develop a site for me. I worked all weekend on nothing but trying to get you access. It's not working. No progress. Period.
I can do no more. I called GoDaddy at least 20 times

attention godaddy hosting: take down the videos and the Danicathon. put up qualified products. Support them. h*ll, let your customer LOG IN.

offering to elt customers call and call call is not customer service. it's a cop out.

GDHosting

Go Daddy Hosting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
myst woman,

I definitely want get you in touch with someone who can work with you to resolve these issues. Please send me some contact information including a good day and time you can be reached and someone will be in touch. I appreciate it!

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
account canceled hostgator started up and site is already up.
instead of waiting form last friday Godaddy err err err
we could have done it then.
d'oh.s
5 days later is not customer service.
do you know how many phone calls I have made to godaddy?
shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom