Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Good news for domainers at WSJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Wall Street Journal today has a story about how more online sellers are breaking away from eBay and setting up their own shops. A suyvey on the front page of their dead tree edition shows the number of merchants who would consider Selling on auction sites down 21.9% and the number who would consider Setting up a website up a big 46.3%. Should be lots of folks who benifit from this shift, especially SEO guys and Domainers who have a large inventroy of modestly priced names to sell to all those middle-income eBay sellers who now need their own domain.

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would guess the vast majority of Ebay sellers would be setting up shop with a hand registered domain or maybe a sub $100 aftermarket buy.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree about the modest price thing, which I mentioned. But I think with time a lot of the sellers making tens of thousands a year (and aparenty there are a lot of these sellers) are going to be willign to spend decent coin for a memorable name and not always have to give out the email [email protected].

Call it the "Trickle up" theory :-D . More buyers at the bottom end of the aftermarket push up prices for the middle and eventually even the top.

Buyout.com said:
I would guess the vast majority of Ebay sellers would be setting up shop with a hand registered domain or maybe a sub $100 aftermarket buy.

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It can't be bad thing :)

I've been reading the Powerseller boards for several years. Many sellers made the switch long ago and most of them continued selling on ebay while promoting their own online store. You can tell by looking at most of the domains they are hand regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom