Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale good overture rankings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe826

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just wondering, when searching overture for valuable type-in domains, what's a good number to register a domain at? Like if a term gets 20,000 searches would you register a domain with those terms? 10,000? 5,000? I'm just curious as to what you all think, or has proven to be efficent. Also, are there any other resources like this available?

Thanks,
Joe

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Overture numbers can be helpful, but should not
be the deciding factor when considering a domain name.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree, from experience. It is just one part of the equation. Their lists are sometimes alpebetical, always singular, and , for lack of a better word, seasonal. Ive seen terms get 20,000 in one month, and two months later get just 25. Truthfully, common sense is rule #1. Then of course you have to guage length, extension, pronunciation, if it's catchy, memorable, link-pop, etc.... The way I see it, I ask myself, would I pay $25.00 for it, if it's yes, then I might reg it. And believe me, I have made mistakes, dozens. I would say at least 10% of my registrations I don't renew. That my friend, is the scholl of hard knocks. Today I am getting better offers because I had to learn the hard way. ANd I only know half of what the real pros know. Luck is only 1% of finding a good name. There is no substitute for knowledge. Trying to get a secret out of somebody here is like pulling teeth.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Knowledge + Common Sense + Luck = Good domain

Joe826

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't seem to have any of the three. I've bought 8 domains so far, atleast 4 of which were bad choices :(. I suppose I just don't have a good process yet, I guess it comes with practice, hopefully I don't go bankrupts before I get a head on me :). Thanks for the comments.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom