Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

GoodLuckDomain.in-think TWICE before using them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you didn't know already, GoodLuckDomain.in does NOT use SSL for sensitive details, like credit card info!!!
According to the banking laws in India , it is illegal to do that and they can be shut down.
But that is not your biggest problem if you used them.
Never, under any circumstances, offer your CC details over an unencrypted (unsecure) connection.
If you already did that, I strongly recommend you to cancel your CC immediatelly.
DO NOT think that "this may never happen to me".

Domain Days 2024

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used them to register 5 domain names. They have billed me 15 times, 3 times for each name. I have emailed the goodluckdomain support yet to hear back from them. I will not recommend them at all!!!

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a call from the CEO of Goodluckdomain saying they are installing an SSL certificate and looking into duplicate billing. The support was fast. Although I cancelled my credit card due to SSL issue, I am relieved that goodluckdomain is a legitimate site.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 100+ domaisn with goodluckdomains. and There customer support is real cool for me atleast. SSL May be a issue , but i pay cheque or cash so did not face the same problem.
It a small company with few employess and if u call them u can directly talk to there CEO..

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I added a domain to my cart that was taken 4 minutes prior. They still billed for the full transaction. So they basically owe me $16. You only get emails for each successful domain and not for the full transaction.

kjlfed

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IT Web Team said:
If you didn't know already, GoodLuckDomain.in does NOT use SSL for sensitive details, like credit card info!!!
According to the banking laws in India , it is illegal to do that and they can be shut down.
But that is not your biggest problem if you used them.
Never, under any circumstances, offer your CC details over an unencrypted (unsecure) connection.
If you already did that, I strongly recommend you to cancel your CC immediatelly.
How should I cancel my CC immediatelly in goodluckdomain.in?

M

mole

Why do you think they call themselves Good Luck! Good luck to your cc!

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How should I cancel my CC immediatelly in goodluckdomain.in?
If you have submitted your credit card information to goodluckdomain over a non SSL channel, I would suggest cancel your credit card immediately. Call up your bank and ask them to block the card.

I second that!!!

M

mole

scorpio said:
It a small company with few employess and if u call them u can directly talk to there CEO..

How about Directi, are they a small company too?

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you should directi, they are official .in accredidated registrar.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i reged 4 domain is there any problem, have you canceled your card?

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about Directi, are they a small company too?
Directi has 18337 Resellers & 526386 Customers in 232 Countries ;) However their system is a bit buggy at times. They accept paypal, credit card (over SSL), wire transfers etc. I have around 30 .IN names with them. Phone support is excellent :)
i reged 4 domain is there any problem, have you canceled your card?
If I were you, I would have blocked my card :)

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and if you block your card , wont you loose the 4 names..

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blocking a card is different from a chargeback. When you block your card, the bank will not honour future transactions on the card. You get a replacement card and are protected from any fraudulent use of the old card in future. Its as good as reporting a card "lost".

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ah Thanks for the info manish...

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Domain_Taster

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have now transferred over 200 of my names to Good Luck Domains - yes, they didn't begin with SSL in 2004, but they fixed that quickly (in early '05). Their prices are very affordable and I get exceptional service from them. I get call backs, and someone real picks up the phone when you call them - very few registrars offer full service. They're .IN and ICANN accredited (I checked).

As a reseller, I have been approached by many other Indian registrars, but I worry about their ethics. One of their competitors (net4.in) has questionable ethics and has tried for over a year now to get my business by badmouthing Good Luck and trying to scare me.

DirectI is not bad, but they can't be bothered to answer the phone, and they give lots of canned answers that don't answer my questions. However, I like Good Luck's responsiveness to me and their willingness to match price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom