Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Google Adsense - how to display specific keyword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

Hi,

Lets say I have a site about mesothelioma. How can I make it so that the site show "hosting" ads? How to make a "hosting" UNrelevant website with the keyword "hosting" in adsense? How can we "control" what keywords to display?

Domain Days 2024

TheAlien

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is again Google Adsense's TOS.

T

tekz999

Well, what if I have a site about hosting. Do I just input my adsense codes, and they keywords will be automatically "hosting ads"? How do google KNOW that my site is about hosting?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
Well, what if I have a site about hosting. Do I just input my adsense codes, and they keywords will be automatically "hosting ads"? How do google KNOW that my site is about hosting?

hi
here's an example
http://www.urlpick.com/beyonce.html

T

tekz999

Does that mean google adsense will scan the huge font sized words and display ads relevent to those huge font sized words?

glw

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it scans the whole page and determines what the page is about, then shows relevant ads. so if you put a page about webhosting on your meso site, that page will show web hosting ads

T

tekz999

I was told that there is a post in exclusive forum about this. Can paste in here?

glw

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is, but no I won't paste it, but you can join exclusive.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
I was told that there is a post in exclusive forum about this. Can paste in here?
No. Exclusive threads may not be made public in any forum outside the Exclusive Members' section.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is a way to maniipulate adsense to display ads for any keyword on your site, but that is against their TOS and if you get caught, you will get your account terminated.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just optimize the page, there is no magic bullet, it's just common sense:

keyword(s) in Title
keyword(s) in meta keywords
keyword(s) in meta descrip
keyword(s) near top of page in <H1> to <H3> tags
keyword(s) within content of page

glw

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
there is a way to maniipulate adsense to display ads for any keyword on your site, but that is against their TOS and if you get caught, you will get your account terminated.

There is nothing wrong with having a website that covers a variety of topics. If the content of your page is appropriate you will get ads specific to that page.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
glw said:
There is nothing wrong with having a website that covers a variety of topics. If the content of your page is appropriate you will get ads specific to that page.

i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say. there is a way to display ads for ANY keyword, even if your site doesn't contain that keyword, but it involves manipulating the adsense scripts which is a TOS violation.

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can somebody pm me the link to the exclusive post?

I am exclusive but couldn't find it at once :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had interesting results playing around with simply adding something like the string "/car_insurance" to the end of any given page name..like for instance...

somethingsomething.com/page2/car_insurance

Like if you had a link to the second page on your homepage and could rename it with a string on the end in the hyperlink..then any google ads that show up would be for that exact keyword...but then from what I have seen only 1 adsense box works, the one closest to the top of the page..I don't use this as any adsense I have on any sites is just for the related content and I have no need for other stuff..but I can see where this could be useful and meaningful and surely not harmful if you know your site and traffic types...just an idea..not sure of the possible implications with google so make sure you don't break any rules, but I can't see harm in naming your own page and in not editing their adsense codes..they still detect what to display this way!...Good luck! :eek:k:

Chris

heres an example....this page doesnt exist but just a word is added to the end of the name..notice only the top google box displays "fishing" ads when normally its all magic links..must limit it somehow..not sure..

http://www.chrisangelmindfreak.com/fishing

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
use the iframe ads code. In the Iframe page put some hosting related keywords.

*But remember it is against rules.*

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can you elaborate...dont quite understand what you mean..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom