Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Google Adsense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do I get it to setup to the right format of ads on my sites. I still get the Save Your Planet ads on my sites and they have been up for months now. Is there some where I can change the format of ads, or is it just a thing that Google reads from the visitors I get and changes it automaticly?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's the site shagg? Seems like you're getting PSAs. You can replace those with your own banners or colors.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe you don't have enough content on the page for Google to put up relevant ads

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lukeeales said:
Maybe you don't have enough content on the page for Google to put up relevant ads

I don't think that is the problem as I have seen many small 1 page sites with almost no content, sometimes just a few lines or 1 small paragraph but great google ads.

Even though it is said G does not use metatag keywords they do use Title and Description so Shag should make sure they are good and relevant.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well Giant...I have the right look of the ads, but not hte right content of the ads. If thats what your were saying?

Here is one site that is not getting good Google ads on them.

http://www.amigeekornot.com - AmIGeekorNot.com - Rating site.....

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shag, as mentioned before, title and descr are real important with G.

Your title and descr are not good at all, especially your title which could not be any worse. That is likely why you only see PSA's. Your title in particular really gives G no idea what your site is about and the descr does also not help too much. However, the Title is #1 in search engine usage from what I understand.

"<title> .: AmIGeekorNot.com :. </title>
<meta name="keywords" content="rated,am i,geek,pictures,blonde,brunette,redhead,babes,dudes,members,geekish,php">
<meta name="description" content="AmIGeekorNot.com is an geek image rating site. Members upload their images and have them rated by other site visitors.">"

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
Well Giant...I have the right look of the ads, but not hte right content of the ads. If thats what your were saying?

Here is one site that is not getting good Google ads on them.

http://www.amigeekornot.com - AmIGeekorNot.com - Rating site.....
The ads I saw were for PHP photo rating scripts. The content on the page is names and photos and the word rate several times. Makes sence

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Shag, as mentioned before, title and descr are real important with G.

Your title and descr are not good at all, especially your title which could not be any worse. That is likely why you only see PSA's. Your title in particular really gives G no idea what your site is about and the descr does also not help too much. However, the Title is #1 in search engine usage from what I understand.

"<title> .: AmIGeekorNot.com :. </title>
<meta name="keywords" content="rated,am i,geek,pictures,blonde,brunette,redhead,babes,dudes,members,geekish,php">
<meta name="description" content="AmIGeekorNot.com is an geek image rating site. Members upload their images and have them rated by other site visitors.">"

So Real...

Is that my META tag that is on my site now? So changing the META tags on my site to the keywords will show the right ads that suit the visitors?

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now what does Google read...META TAG and/or Text content? Both?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
Now what does Google read...META TAG and/or Text content? Both?

text content ..On your index page write a paragraph or 2 about what amiageekornot.com is all about..include (dont spam) your keywords .

Do you want "geek" ads to show ? "photo" ads to appear , "rating software " .. you draw the ads that you want through your text

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well...you can say that I'm very nieve(spelling) when it comes to this type of stuff.

Thanks everyone for your input in this...and I will read up at that forum too Sharpy.. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom