Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google and Bing will now assist with brand violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Further evidence of the demise of parking domains.

Unless the owner has complete and 100% control over which advertisers appear on their parked page, that parked page will likely end up with brands appearing and generating these violations.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is more about paid ads linked to web sites, using keywords that are tm's of others.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is more about paid ads linked to web sites, using keywords that are tm's of others.
Still, I wonder how those "links" that show up on parked pages will be handled?

If I have a parked page that is keyword "android" and it starts displaying google ads, or keyword "smartphone" and iPhones show up, I am wondering if I will get dinged, blackballed, sued, or have the page and domain pulled.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very significant news. Thanks for sharing, Theo.

@Gerry,

There are bound to be problems. Google is not a company I trust. But all Google can do is remove the offending ad from their AdWords platform and downstream feeds. In that case the infringing ad vanishes from your parked page ... and some other PPC ad will take its place. Or so I would imagine.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ran a successful site selling second-hand copies of publications, using the publisher's name as a google adword. The publishers were mostly grateful for me taking the heat off them for casual enquiries involving their archives. The point is, it can work both ways.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In that case, you had the publisher's agreement, presumably.

I ran a successful site selling second-hand copies of publications, using the publisher's name as a google adword. The publishers were mostly grateful for me taking the heat off them for casual enquiries involving their archives. The point is, it can work both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom