Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Google Chrome Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There’s been a few days since we’ve all hear that Google Chrome is live but many people are asking if it’s any good and if it’s worth giving it a spin. I’m not yet a power user on Chrome but I can tell you a few things after seeing it working today for at least 4 hours. Yes, I know it’s another browser on the market and we already have a bunch of them, but it’s from Google so I obviously had to test it out.

1. Even though it doesn’t use the same Firefox engine, the simplicity and the rendering seem to be the same. Google Chrome uses WebKit for rendering, which is the same rendering engine as Apple’s Safari browser.

2. I love the fact that it’s not such a big resource eater like Firefox when you have multiple tags open. I know my machine may not be the best in the world with only 512MB of RAM, but believe me Chrome manages to stay under 150MB of RAM while Firefox never goes under 250MB with as many tags open.

3. I don’t like that they have a selection/scrolling problem. It’s like Chrome is a real person. It takes some time (whenever he wants) to rest or think and doesn’t deliver as fast as the user needs it. I know it’s still some sort of a Beta, but I would have expecting something flawless from the big G.

4. For some reason Chrome loads all the sites I browse, faster. Still haven’t figured that out. Why?

Would you give it a spin? Would you download Google Chrome and give us your opinion?

By Alex Ion (Internet)

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just another way for google to spy on you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Google announced that it will begin “masking” Internet user data gained through its new Web browser roughly a day after it's been collected.

That means they have 24 hours to crunch the raw data by IP/user.

anatoly

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been using it for a while and it rocks.

my $0.02

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been using it for a while and it rocks.

my $0.02

Agree except for ongoing issues when running javascript code on 3rd party sites including some forums, which is surprising they have not fixed.

Google announced that it will begin “masking” Internet user data gained through its new Web browser roughly a day after it's been collected.

How is that negative? What do you think they could use the data for which would be detrimental :?:

Last edited:

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

if something can be masked I'm sure it can be unmasked. unless they are saying they will convert it to purely aggregate data, which i doubt.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Security was my first concern when I heard of Googles browser, Collecting user data... I dont know about the rest of you, but I dont want ANYONE knowing what sites I'm visiting accept for the sites themselves.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Security was my first concern when I heard of Googles browser, Collecting user data... I dont know about the rest of you, but I dont want ANYONE knowing what sites I'm visiting accept for the sites themselves.

Indeed! I am with you here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom