Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google Domainpark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone report on it's effectiveness and profitability? They don't require an NDA do they?

Ideally I'd like to see a comparison of Domainpark vs. Domain Sponsor/Sedo/Fabulous (two of which use google's ads).

One oddity I noticed is that Google is talking in terms of page views, whereas the other PPC parking engines talk in terms of uniques. My redirection system tracks hits and uniques, so I can filter the hits to estimate page views.

Thing is I'm not willing to send Google half our traffic without a personal recommendation from someone who knows what they're talking about and has experience with more than one PPC parking engine... so, if you've used domain park please get in touch with me or post here -- if you can get referral credit I'd be happy to sign up under the first responder (if and when I sign up).

Thanks!

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me domainpark has been very profitable. Probably 2 to 4 times the rate I would get at trafficz.com.

They aren't very flexible though and don't yet provide any visitor revenue stats, which makes life very hard.

If you use domainpark you can't use any another PPC.

They require tax ids as standard, but have one or two options if you don't have one, I think.

Strictly speaking, you won't be able to send "half your traffic" to domainpark, unless the remainder is not on PPC-like monetization. :-( Maybe some people flout this requirement.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response, dotNetKing.

When you say it's 2x to 4x what you got at Trafficz, were you on the $3/CPM plan? We're doing that easily at Domain Sponsor and Sedo, so I wouldn't bother changing to google if that's the case.

I'm not sure what you mean by "they don't provide any visitor revenue stats" -- does that mean you can't see how much each domain is making per day? That would make it very hard to compare to other PPC sites and might be a deal breaker.

What I meant by "sending half our traffic" was that in order to test domainpark and comply with the stated 750k (rumored 1M) page views per day requirement I'd have to move roughly half our domains to point at their service -- a huge pain for something that might not pay too well. We're not trying to flout anyone's requirements. We don't cloak or split our traffic (yet) I'm still working on that (to improve conversion).

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
Thanks for your response, dotNetKing.

When you say it's 2x to 4x what you got at Trafficz, were you on the $3/CPM plan?

I try using CPC at trafficz.com and only try switching individual domains to CPM if payout is low on CPC.

When I first signed up with domainpark over a year ago, they seemed to actually get around 5 times what I was earning at trafficz. Trafficz payments have improved since then, which is why I think they are probably now around the 2 to 4 times trafficz rate (optimized for CPC/CPM at trafficz on a per domain basis).

Nameable said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "they don't provide any visitor revenue stats" -- does that mean you can't see how much each domain is making per day?

That's right. You can't see how much a domain is making per month either.

Nameable said:
That would make it very hard to compare to other PPC sites and might be a deal breaker.

I agree that this is a very important factor. How do you decided whether to renew a domain that has no value as a domain name, just for it's traffic?

You could host the domain names and get some visitor stats yourself, but I have always used mydomain.com redirects where I get no visitor stats.

Nameable said:
What I meant by "sending half our traffic" was that in order to test domainpark and comply with the stated 750k (rumored 1M) page views per day requirement I'd have to move roughly half our domains to point at their service -- a huge pain for something that might not pay too well. We're not trying to flout anyone's requirements. We don't cloak or split our traffic (yet) I'm still working on that (to improve conversion).

Ah. If it is just a preliminary test, after which you would transfer all your traffic to them, they might agree to that.

I'm sorry not to have stayed with them as the potential for income there was at least double what I'm getting at the moment, but I do love to see stats. I understand that they might provide stats at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom