Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google had My Auction Cancelled - can they do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeatBeltPads.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was selling: Googlest.com and Googleful.com on ebay - both are now considered dictionary words - check dictionary.com

But unfortunately I marketed the auction as:

Googlest.com - the Googlest site online or it can be thought of as "Google St" ie Google Street

and google had the plug pulled on my acution on the last day - when it was at $580 with 17 bids - and still 19hrs left!!!

Now, Google.com owns - Googled.com and Googler.com - and they are trying to buy Googling.com

And Googles.com and Googlism.com and popular high traffic sites in their own right and are NOT owned by Google!

CAN GOOGLE DO THIS? Pretty Much Ebay said I have to change the way I market the auction - but is it possible Google is trying to snatch up all the "Google" dictionary extensions: ed, ing, er, est, ism, ful, ation, etc.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, I hope you sell it soon.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they can do whatever they want.. they are the largest company on the net'

don't mess with the g! :eek:k: :eek:k: :eek:k:

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Someone who makes custom seatbelt pads and puts "GUCCI" on them is not very likely to understand what the problem is here.

Very true John :approve:

SeatBeltPads.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at - we have all rights reserved. In fact, we carry GUCCI and Sean John branded seat belt pads, because THEY ASKED US TO and we have since entered into a mutually beneficial partnership agreement! Please don't try and make unfounded accusations you have no knowledge about! I know your lawyer instinct was just kicking in, so no harm taken!

As for the dictionary.com definitions - these are so based on the definitions for:

Google: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=google

"Main Entry: google
Definition: to search for information about a specific person through the Google search engine
Example: She googled her high school boyfriends.
Etymology: trademark Google
Usage: googling n

Main Entry: google
Definition: to search for information on the Internet, esp. using the Google search engine
Example: We googled to find the definition of the new word.
Etymology: trademark Google
Usage: googling n"

BTW, John I would not post the link to your non-existant website in your sig. I'd takes away from your credibility - perhaps making someone like me think your law degree is non-existant! But then again, if I just put a PHD after my name it would make the doctor I've always wanted to be, no? lol!!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SeatBeltPads.com said:
BTW, John I would not post the link to your non-existant website in your sig. I'd takes away from your credibility - perhaps making someone like me think your law degree is non-existant! But then again, if I just put a PHD after my name it would make the doctor I've always wanted to be, no? lol!!

I think he only uses that domain for his email...shows what you know. I love it when people ask for advice and then get all in a huff about what one of the top lawyers in the industry tells them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom