Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google Indexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bathroom

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I need some help understanding what is going on with google indexing.

Ok I have two very similar domains parked at sedo and have two totally different results with google. Both domains are three keyword phrase with same subject of pets. Both have very similar keyword tool results and indexing history as far as I know.

As for regular google search tool results, the first domain has 44,000,000 broad results and the second has 5,000,000 broad results.

After 30 days being parked, The first domain is middle of page 1 of google results (44 mil broad) but the second domain is nowhere to be found (5 mil broad)

Can someone enlighten me as to what could be the reason for two completely different results with similar domains being parked?

nielsencl

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you search in Google and put in 3 words, Google shows you results of pages that contain those 3 words, anywhere on the page. The number of search results means almost nothing in my opinion.

If you put the words in quotes, then you only see the results of pages that have those three words in that exact order and all together. Quotes require an exact match for the results to show. This number has more meaning, but it still does not tell you ANYTHING about what is really important for parking, that that is how many searches are being done for that keyword phrase. The Google keyword tool can provide that and give you some idea of the potential traffic.

Now, finding one of your parked domains on the first page of Google indicates to me that one or all of the following may be going on:

- There is not much competition for that phrase in that exact order.
- The domain has links pointing to it that contain the phrase or parts of the phrase.
- The domain is well optimized to help it rank for that phrase.

From what I can tell, you got very lucky to have the one domain rank after 30 days. Getting parked domains to rank, even for their keyword phrase, can be difficult unless you do some work at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom