Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google Keyword Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Suppose you put in "credit cards" into the search field and the results that come out are:

1) credit cards 80,000,000 (or however many searches it has a month)

2) credit cards com 48,000,000

My question is on the second result, do people actually type in "credit cards com" into the search field?

So in terms of parking one could reg a domain called "creditcardscom.com" and make some nice revenue? :-/

nielsencl

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rather than "credit cards com" I think people are typing in "creditcards.com". Either they don't realize they are at Google or they know that doing that will work to take them to the site because Google generally will redirect them to the domain.

As far as buying and parking "creditcardscom.com", the answer is "perhaps". If there is much compitition for the keyword phrase, that you may not show up in the SERPS and therefore get very few clicks. But for the cost of a domain you could try it and see. It partly depends on if Google tries to send them to the domain or shows them SERPs.

For parking, I think a better option is to register ""credit-cards.com". Google treats the hyphen as a space, so you have the change to match for "credit cards", but Google may also show your listing if someone should search for "creditcards", since they often see if they can match a query when the remove the spaces. Do some tests and see for yourself what comes up. :)

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
According to that tool the keyword "free" gets 414,000,000 hits a month?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom