Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google page Rank Questions. How do I find out where my website ranks in google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekman77

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any help is appreciated:

1. Where or how do I find out were in google search my site is located? Meaning either what page is my site on, or what # rank is it for a particular search term?
2. What does it mean to say PR3 or PR4. I have a domain name MesotheliomaDonations.com and it shows up on the second search page in goole when you type in Mesothelioma Donations. Would that mean PR2? IS there a tool or search algorhythm to get this data? If my site shows up on the 15th page in google is that PR15?

Thanks 4 the help!
David

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound rude, but from your questions it sounds like you need to glance at a book on search engine optimization (SEO) such as SEO for Dummies (there is a small dummies SEO book and a 7 books in one SEO dummies book) or Idiots guide to SEO. A good public library should have a copy, but try to get the most recent edition.

ekman77

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your reply was not rude. Obviously I do not know very much about SEO. I will pick up a couple book and find out what its all about.
David

rr4111

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey -

Google search "what's my page rank", and you will see some sites that let you input your website name, and provide you your sites ranking. Also, if you site shows up on the 1st page does NOT mean that it is PR1, and so on (for page 2 etc.). Check out Google videos for a quick introduction to page ranking. To get more informed, read one of the books mentioned in the previous post.

Best,
Vivek
Xcellence-Inc.com

Any help is appreciated:

1. Where or how do I find out were in google search my site is located? Meaning either what page is my site on, or what # rank is it for a particular search term?
2. What does it mean to say PR3 or PR4. I have a domain name MesotheliomaDonations.com and it shows up on the second search page in goole when you type in Mesothelioma Donations. Would that mean PR2? IS there a tool or search algorhythm to get this data? If my site shows up on the 15th page in google is that PR15?

Thanks 4 the help!
David

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell, Google determines Page Rank (PR) based on links to a page, both internal and external links. Generally, pages with a higher number of links have a higher PR. You can check the PR of any page by installing the Google PR toolbar. Alternatively, you can check the PR at websites like http://prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php Keep in mind PR is not the only factor in ranking pages on Google, hence lower PR pages can outrank higher PR pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom