Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google Penalty Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

namanimal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I made a site and I was listed pretty well (position 3-5 on page 1) for a long time. I did something stupid and I changed the title about 4 times in 2 weeks to try to optimize it better and suddenly I was dropped to page 2 instantly.

This happened about 6 months ago, and it was slowwwwwwwwly been going up. Since that time, my site went from pagerank 2 to pagerank 3 and now it fluctuates between position 10 on page 1 and position 1 on page 2.

My question is does anyone know how long they will keep this penalty on my site? 6 months, 1 year, 5 years? I haven't changed anything on the site (title/description/meta) since that happened. Maybe there is something I'm supposed to do to fix this or its just a time limit until the penalty falls off.

Please help, I have no clue what to do if anything can be done. Thanks

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the title currently cached in the google index ?
You may be able to force a refresh by adding your site to google webmaster tools.

namanimal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been using webmaster tools for over a year now.

The fluctuation between 10-11 is not what bothers me. It is that the site was slowly moving up on page 1, and when I changed the site title 4 times in 2 weeks, it suddenly dropped to the middle of page 2. Nothing else on the site was changed except for the multiple title changes. So I naturally assumed that the title switches were what caused the drop in listing.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chnge it back to the original title and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom