Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

google question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i had asked someone about an overture number, which was good, and they said to go to google, and type in the name in quotes to see how many searches-
now, for widget.com, i would do this "widget", in google, right?
then, what exactly am i looking for- this?
Results 1 - 10 of about 33,100,000 for "widget"
that isnt the amount of searches is it? isnt it the amount of pages found with the word?

Manolete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The amount of pages found with the word.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and how does that fit into the scheme of things? if there are alot of pages for it- is that good for the worth of the domain, or this all means nothing

Manolete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suppose words more used by people are more valuable.

Domainmaster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try to think of it like this. If you do a quoted search for a keyword or keyword phrase and not many results come up, that's usually not a good sign, unless it's a relatively new unknown term or technology and you don't mind waiting a few years. If the quoted search comes up with many results but no sponsored links, then there is competition but it's probably not going to be worth much.

If your quoted keyword search comes up with at least a million results with many sponsored results on the right in Google that means it's a competitive keyword or phrase and may be valuable.

Check out what the keyword bid is to know how much your keyword will bring in revenue. For example if your were lucky enough to own something like MesotheliomaLawyer.com you would see that the bids for that term are very high, since many lawyers bid the term up in hope of landing a client and a large settlement. That's just the basics but I think you probably get the idea.

Try to think about what you like when you surf the web. Ultimately a domain is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. As it is put so well on another forum: Value=Probability of sale X Price Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom