Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Googlebot is out and about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
????? what's this?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The more you cahnge your page the higher you rakn? I thought it was based on how many links are to you and WHO links to you.

**Confused**

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
The more you cahnge your page the higher you rakn? I thought it was based on how many links are to you and WHO links to you.

**Confused**

It is a combination of all of these things..Links are very important..thats why I said "now is the time to add fresh content AND links . :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:D :) How long does "now" last? :) :D

~ Nexus

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus..Check your logs ..and see if google bot is crawling ...more so than usual...

Here is an example of what Fresh bot does..

3 days ago I added a link to a new site PicturePhones.us (no previous link ..so google wouldnt pick it up until I was ready).. keep in mind this is just a one page site at this stage..but I wanted to make sure it gets indexed in the next Google update so I made sure and added a link (from another site to PicturePhone.us) the first sign of google bot.

So fresh bot did indeed grab it and look at this it is ranked #2 out of 1.4 million sites ! (under the search term picture phones)

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=picture+phones

But we know that we are not going to hold that position long because we understand that the site only has one backlink and is only a one page site.

So whenever you see site listed very high in the results and has basically no back links it's usually because freash bot just picked it up..it IS NOT ACTUALLY INDEXED as far as RANKING is concerned until the actual update..a couple more weeks..

So I know that when the actual update happens in a couple weeks PicturePhones.us will NOT be in the #2 position because I dont have enough links to hold it there (although as I look at the other top listed sites..none of these have a tremendous amount of backlinks so with the keyword domain , the relevent content and the links I have ..I may still rank high after update..normally you wont though)

The idea is simply to catch googlebot at the right time while he is at your site to feed it new material, whether that material is fresh content, new pages or links to new sites, or getting new links in to you..

If you can catch fresh bot you will still make it in the next update..if on the other hand you are seeing deep crawl then it's too late for this coming update...

Dont try cheating the bot..spamming it etc. just "feed" the bot..it is looking for material..just feed it..

Same with sites you already have up ADD a new page or 2 , add new content to your stagnent pages..give fresh bot fresh material ..and links to follow..inbound and outbound.

Last Update I added the antiques Road show page on my convention centers site..

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=antique+road+show

I'm rattling..

In the long run it dosent matter as long as you religiously update your site , add links etc anyways .. Google bot is going to find you anyways.. I was just pointing out if people were working to get in the next update then they needed to get their updates on their sites done because freasbot was making the rounds..otherwise you have to wait another month.

did the scenic route explanation make sense ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom