Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google's Gmail hit by trademark claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I, personally, don't see any conflict in this one. The Market Age uses Gmail to describe their little known research application service. Google uses Gmail to describe it's free mail service. I can't see anyone confusing the two, or signing up for Google because of The Market Age's reputation.

Different fields, simple abbreviation, no reason to believe Google is trying to profit off the other one for a grand total of no conflict and thus no case. These guys are just trying to get some free publicity and rattle some sabers so they protect their trademark. That doesn't mean Google can't use it too. Google may even pay them a little bittle of cash to sign something agreeing that there's no conflict, just to shut them up (whether the case has any merit or not becomes secondary when Google has an IPO coming up), but if it comes to a fight, Google will crush them.

With the usual disclaimer that I'm speculating about the outcome and don't have actual psychic powers and that I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on TV.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think google will have look into any trademark issue already. And with their financial capability, they can win anyway, out of court or in court :p

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its quite funny....

gergman7

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I bought gemail.ca the other day, before I heard about google's gmail. My name is Greg so I thought gemail would be kinda cool to own. Do you think I am gonna have troubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom