Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GOT A 30 Page letter for "INFRINGMENT OF TRADE MARK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just recieved a 30 page letter from a lawyer regarding two trademark names I own.

One is plural and the other is not, the name is of a company that sells airline tickets, and it is parked at DomainSponsor and generally the affiliate links are of companies selling tickets...They want the two .ca's i own as they only reg'd a .com and the company is Canadian.

For them the DS ads may appear to be selling tickets under their brand, but what If i change the content to a game site, would that still be the case of infringement? Look at the case of nissan.com.

Anyways If you are in Canada (ps im in Toronto) and have gotten in a mess like this let me know, also the letter says please reply witihn a week or we will press charges etc, any advice?

Ps in the letter they want the domains transfered to their account asap, otherwise they can sue me and it says pretty much "gain the money back that you earned from unlawful activities".

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zak Muscovitch. He is in the downtown toronto area. Very good domain lawyer. Infact may be the best in Canada.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
30 pages to just say "you're infringing our trademark, pal. Transfer it or else!"?

Oh well, that's one of the things lawyers are paid handsomely for. :-D

methodM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my domain isnt indexed in Google yet he took screenshots of google with the trademark..I didnt get that. He took another 2 screenshots of my 2 domains.
Rest were pages of the trademark, letter was 4-5 pages , pages on company history, pages on what can happen, pages on how i have to compensate in $$ etc ec

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zak Muscovitch is very good.

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have they offered you anything for transferring the domains to them?

methodM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nothing. I am going to be contacing Zak either later today or tomm and see what he has to say.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If JBH says he is good then I would think best idea is to do as they request. Are you prepared to otherwise hire a lawyer to fight (which you still might lose).

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Is moving out of Canada an option? :-D

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
methodM said:
One is plural and the other is not, the name is of a company that sells airline tickets, and it is parked at DomainSponsor and generally the affiliate links are of companies selling tickets...They want the two .ca's i own as they only reg'd a .com and the company is Canadian.

For them the DS ads may appear to be selling tickets under their brand

Umm, this right there is their whole case..... do as they ask, they may not be messing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom