Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Got an Offer! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqueline

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hand regged a domain yesterday based on something that was in the news. The .com was taken a month ago and is parked, but the .net and .org were open. I wasn't sure which to get and while deciding, I checked the USPTO website just to verify there were no unknown TM issues. Spending just that bit of time checking it out, someone regged the .net! So I went ahead and scooped up the .org and parked it at Sedo.

Today I received an offer on Sedo for $100. I've never been through the Sedo process, so I don't know what to expect. Also, if there is that much interest in it, perhaps it would be better to hold onto.

Apprciate any thoughts - advice. Cheers!

Jacqueline

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll do that. :cheesy:

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it was something just occuring in the news.... do you think the name will have continued interest a few months or years down the road..... or just at the moment?

If you do decide to start a 7 day auction at the $100 price - make sure it is parked at Sedo so you only pay 10% (not $50). You may want to counter with a higher offer but maybe the name is worth more than your counteroffer and they accept your offer..... potentially shutting out higher bids than if you sent it to auction. Then again - maybe if you offer $500 to sell it and they offer you $250 then you can send it to auction (thusly increasing your profits if there aren't higher bidders). Of course - the name may get to a higher price range anyway with other bidders (and maybe not).

Ok.... I just saw the name - send it to auction (Hot Potato IMO)

Last edited:

Jacqueline

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name will definately have continued interest, which is a plus. I do have it parked at Sedo right now, and they said they would take 10%. Thanks for the heads-up about keeping it there in case I auction it. I've read a little bit on the auctions there. It might be good to push it to auction while the news is hot and fresh.

Is it possible to even sell it today when I just regged it yesterday? I thought there was a 60 day waiting period when purchasing a new domain.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to even sell it today when I just regged it yesterday? I thought there was a 60 day waiting period when purchasing a new domain.

The 60 day period is for transferring out of a registrar so you can still sell the name but the new owner will need to keep it at the current registrar until the 60 day period is up.

Send it to auction or even accept the $100 offer.

Jacqueline

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Larry! That makes it easy. It makes sense too - allowing the time period in case of problems.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1000%+ ROI is pretty good. Send it to auction and hope for the best. Make sure you let us know the domain if you send it to auction.
Good Luck!

Edit: Just saw what the domain was. Nice hand reg!

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in knowing what type of domain you got as well, care to share?

Thanks!
Jamie

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's in the appraisal section ;)

Jacqueline

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your help! It might be a very good domain to keep, especially with how much I already LOVE Google's Chrome browser, but in the end I think the ROI is worth it to sell. I went ahead and sent it to auction and have had two bids. I bought a domain once through sedo but have never sold one, so this should be a good learning tool.

Thanks again!

J

Jacqueline

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain sold. I did get one higher bid by sending it to auction, so it was nice to see the extra bid cover the charge from Sedo for selling it. Boy, they must make a fortune!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom