Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

got lucky (i think) on a trademarked name

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just sold infoshield.com to Northrop Grumman, which they have marked as "TM" all over their website. I didnt do any actual trademark searches on this domain (is there a place to do that for free?), but, they offered me $1000.

I figured I better just graciously accepts this offer without countering, as I was afraid that the counter would be returned by some legal paperwork instead. Did I do the right thing? Do big companies typically make a reasonable offer first or do they normally release the hounds (laywers) first?

Thanks!

Rob
(newbie becoming a not-so-newbie very quickly!)

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mogtnomr
I figured I better just graciously accepts this offer without countering, as I was afraid that the counter would be returned by some legal paperwork instead. Did I do the right thing? Do big companies typically make a reasonable offer first or do they normally release the hounds (laywers) first?

I think you did quite well here.

Did you do the right thing.... How long is a piece of string. All depends on the company and the domain.

I've had companies make straight out offers and other just send the hounds in.....

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of a time where I emailed a company four times over the course of two years about buying the .COM version of their company name (they had the .DE version) for $500.

They specifically told me to stop emailing them, so I did.

Comically enough, 5 months after they asked me to stop, they emailed me and asked me if I wanted to sell this domain name. They offered me $1000 out of the gate.

Go figure.

Good job. Keep sales inperspective. As long as you made a profit, all is good.

-Bob

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob
Comically enough, 5 months after they asked me to stop, they emailed me and asked me if I wanted to sell this domain name. They offered me $1000 out of the gate.
-Bob

Ha! I've got a few similar scenarios that I hope end up with the same happy ending.eventually!

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom