Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Got money but do not know what to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm registered here quite long , but never played big on domains yet , previously had some experience in selling websites but I think now things changed and I do not want to risk my15K$ which I'm planning to spend on this industry . So I'll be very grateful if experienced members give me some advise what to do ? Try to backorder domains or develop websites or maybe buy valuable names and place them on sedo parking ? Any ideas please share with me.

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have 15K to spend you could a buy a few LLL .com and flip them later for a profit or buy generic .com domains with traffic that can be monetized. You could recoup your investment in less than a year.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If your looking for long term investment with a decent return, I would invest in type-in domains, pickup several at Snapnames and parkem, then take that revenue and reinvest in more.

1901gt

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm registered here quite long , but never played big on domains yet , previously had some experience in selling websites but I think now things changed and I do not want to risk my15K$ which I'm planning to spend on this industry . So I'll be very grateful if experienced members give me some advise what to do ? Try to backorder domains or develop websites or maybe buy valuable names and place them on sedo parking ? Any ideas please share with me.

Thanks

Take a look at this then - http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=205539

:smilewinkgrin: :lol:

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would buy a few premium generic .com and develop them. To answer your question better, boils down to how much time you have to manage your investment. Parking domains shouldn't really be an option if you have time to spare.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks dcristo

I've also thinking about development , but also LLL.com is also for me an option . I think that development will be more expensive and more risky ( waste lot of money and get nothing ) , but you will be always able to sell LLL.com without big problems. As for backorders valuable domains are getting even more expensive then they are at snapnames or enom ( of course sometimes you can grab something ).

Also thanks adiboy for your offer , but at this moment I'm seeking only for your valuable advises.

Thanks guys . Anyone else ?

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pay some people at eLance to do research and write copy for your domains and build a whole bunch of 1 to 5 page info sites that people will actually find useful (not search engine spam). Revisit them once a year to keep them up2date. Plant the seeds and reep the harvest of legitimate traffic.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your looking for long term investment with a decent return, I would invest in type-in domains, pickup several at Snapnames and parkem, then take that revenue and reinvest in more.

Agree ! Go Girl go !

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that development will be more expensive and more risky ( waste lot of money and get nothing )?

Sure, but that's where your own research comes into it. More risk also means better returns in most cases though too. The REAL money IMO isn't in relying on existing traffic and just letting it sit idle. It's in developing a useful site, having a real business model, and watching revenue and traffic GROW.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the safest bet is to register decent keywords, pay someone here to template develop, Host, SEO and submit to search engines.

For about $10K total you could get 100 names up and running. You should be able to make an easy $200 per month in adsense which would give you a return on investment of 4 years. More likely you could return your investment in 2 years.

It's a clean business with a good future. If you reinvest your earnings you could add 25 names the first year.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%!

My adsense income is still nothing, but, it grows 20% every month without doing any more to the sites.

I wonder if it will continue to do so for two years assuming add more contents and optimize them even more :D

Sure, but that's where your own research comes into it. More risk also means better returns in most cases though too. The REAL money IMO isn't in relying on existing traffic and just letting it sit idle. It's in developing a useful site, having a real business model, and watching revenue and traffic GROW.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buy the shortest most generic domains you can still get...they will ALWAYS be worth alot more....LLL .com's are literally DOUBLING in value per year..and premium names near tripling..and thats just reseller value, this time last year you could still get ok LLL's for like 2-3k on ebay and from sellers on forums, now to get a halfway decent domain that is'nt garbage in LLL.com it will run you at LEAST double that amount...for a one word LLL.com you are looking at minimum mid/high $xx,xxx to $xxx,xxx range...soon these will all be priceless and out of the reach of almost everyone but the biggest players and the biggest corporations that already own almost all the good ones...heck even LLL.net's have doubled to tripled in value, this time last year I was buying LLL .nets for like 300-500$, now the same ones are 800-1500+...same with NNN's...this is the market to be in if you want big returns. :eek:k:

Chris

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Buy a face that fits that gap inside the hood :D

domainstosell

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may also want to consider IDNs (Internationalized Domain Names) as an option. if you speak any other languages or feel comfortable researching foreign-language terms, IDNs offer a lot of emerging opportunities for investments.

A lot of the top premium terms are gone in most popular languages, but the aftermarket is in a growth state and offers a lot of opportunity for some great deals.

There are a couple of sites/forums that you may want to consider visiting if you'd like to learn more. PM me and I will give you the links (we technically can't post other forums here).

IDNs aren't for everyone, but if you are willing to do some research, you can spend a small amount in investments that have the potential to pay off in a big way.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the safest bet is to register decent keywords, pay someone here to template develop, Host, SEO and submit to search engines.

For about $10K total you could get 100 names up and running. You should be able to make an easy $200 per month in adsense which would give you a return on investment of 4 years. More likely you could return your investment in 2 years.

It's a clean business with a good future. If you reinvest your earnings you could add 25 names the first year.

Thanks for comments guys , adsence is realy good , but not for me , because they provide cashout only by checks and in my country banks do not accept checks thats a realy big problem for me

packeted

DNF Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$15k is a good amount of money to invest, but be careful and selective because it can also be spent very easily on domains.. The great thing about LLL.com's are that they have good intrinsic value regardless of an end-user, this makes them a relatively safe investment. The same can be said for generic (and by that I mean high quality ones) .com's. Lesser quality or more obscure names become more of a grey area, traffic may be less than expected and end users may not materialise. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom