Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Great Domains vs. Afternic

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a domain name that Afternic wants to list in their "Showcase" category, and that Great Domains also wants to list. Both require a 6 month, exclusive listing commitment.

On which of those two sites do you think I would have the best opportunity to sell the name?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really depends on 2 things. 1) the domain and 2) WHERE is it most likely to have an end user?

If the domain favors a potential European end-user, I would suggest that you expand your search for a broker/re-seller to include Sedo. If the domain is that good, they too will put on the marketing push to sell the domain.

If its more likely to have a North American end user, I would recommend Moniker or Afternic.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with it!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have looked at both and never ended up completing the Anic nor GD contract.
Six months is too long for me :-(

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
I have looked at both and never ended up completing the Anic nor GD contract.
Six months is too long for me :-(
If it could be sold like 10 times higher than most other places, I won't mind waiting that long. :) And I like the feeling of hitting the jackpot when I wake up. :)

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would never sign anything that states that I must exclusively do business with one company. If the name is really great I am sure you can negotiate a lesser term with the agreement.

JumpingJack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but what type of contract is needed to be signed to get onto a showcase. Besides having a really good name, do you need to pay Afternic as well, or do you just agree to only list your domain name on their site (and of course they get a chunk of the sale).

tmscheng

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
and no one has mentioned / commented Great Domains but the topic is "Great Domains vs Afternic"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom