Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Greatdomains.com sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i bought the domain moredomains.com for $1,500 in 2007. recently i tried to put it up on greatdomains.com auction but only get 4 bidders with the winning bid at $248??? are you fxxking kidding me? i was dumbfounded by the outcome and i need your opinion on this, can i cancel the auction? is there any other better auction place that i can sell my domains to get decent money? i need money urgently for health problems thats why im selling them.

stunner.com
spongy.com
wowzer.com

these are some of the domains approved by greatdomains and im now thinking twice whether i should sell it on the next greatdomains auction and get ridiculous lowball price. seriously i didn't know the global economy is that bad...nobody got the money to buy domains nowadays? :uhoh:

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, that's just the way it goes. The economy may have played a factor, but sometimes things just aren't valued at what they use to be. With auctions, you're always running the risk of getting either just a couple bids, or having a bidding war.

Were you able to set a reserve when you started the auction? This would prevent you from getting back less than you really want/need.

If you wanted a certain price for the domain, did you try to sell it with a BIN before putting it up for auction?

On the note of cancelling the auction, I would highly recommend AGAINST that. Your reputation is on the line. Now that you've advised what other domains you're going to sell, why would someone try and bid if they have a feeling that you're just going to get mad and cancel the auction? I think you should just eat this one...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
  1. I don't think moredomains.com is worth $1,500. Just because you paid that amount back in 2007 doesn't mean somebody else would gladly pay more, especially today. $1500 is okay if you're the end user and did not buy the name for resale.
  2. You didn't set a reserve ?

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you guys for your kind reply, i did ask for a reserve but greatdomains just wouldn't allow me to do so. they said if i want to put it up for auction then i need to have no reserve. even stunner.com and spongy.com they only allow a $400 reserve. i did not expect to get back my $1,500 because i didn't see many bidders in the beginning. i was prepared for the worst that maybe i could get at least $500. but selling a domain that i paid 7 times that amount is just ridiculous because after commission i only get back $200. i wonder greatdomains really trying to help people to sell domains or they just in for the commission. this is so wrong!!!

please guys can you recommend me another auction place?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Nobody forces you to list your domains.

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
harsh life forced me to list my domains. like i said, i have health problem, i need money. no choice.

if there is a better auction place i can sell off my domains quickly. please let me know thanks.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not post them for sale here?

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With this Depression we are in . . . many domains names belong at garage sales. Not high-end auction houses.

That said. . . great time to be a buyer. One helicopter benjamin announces qe3, hard assets are where ur gonna wanna be

blue chip domains are a great investment

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much you expect to fetch from these domains. To be honest I hardly see any buyers for that type of domain and there's no point blaming the market or the economy, or the marketplace. Domains are often illiquid so I would look at other options to raise funds.
Good luck.

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am real sorry to hear that, as the domain name business getting tougher and tougher.
Too many new tlds make the market totally oversaturated. I am also suffering that I domain name which I bought for mid $xxx, and the highest offer is not even reach $100.
Anyway I wish you the best of luck for selling both names to an acceptable value.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems as if the bad economy has had an affect on domains, but ultimately what I think we are seeing is people tightening up their spending.

What does that mean? It means lower valued domains aren't going to sell for much. Good and great domains that have a good sense of business direction are still selling.

Perhaps they have lost a bit of value, but not much. At the end of the day if you have lower value domains you have to decide whether you want to cut your losses and cash out or hold out.

If you need cash, then now may be a difficult time to sell. On the other hand, great time to buy if you can afford it.

It sucks, but I think it wakes you up. Next time you make a domain purchase what things are you going to look for before you invest?

Skinny

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much you expect to fetch from these domains. To be honest I hardly see any buyers for that type of domain and there's no point blaming the market or the economy, or the marketplace. Domains are often illiquid so I would look at other options to raise funds.
Good luck.

U must be working for greatdomains.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Good luck.

Gosh im not blaming the market or the economy. Im blaming the greatdomains alone for being so money minded and selfish and not taking care of sellers interest. They just care about their commision and don't allow seller to set a logical reserve price. Do u get it?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Naruto - when the going gets tough, the tough get going. One of my favorite songs by Billy Ocean.

Why attack Katherine when she's giving you solid advice? GreatDomains is not going to hold your hand with things; it's a marketplace to auction domains.

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck.

Btw u hardly see any buyers for these domains cos u dont have any near these kind of quality and price. I bought many around mid five figures, and these which im selling does get offers and enquiries almost every week via email. Just their offers are lowballs. So YES THERE ARE BUYERS. But they can't afford it.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Oh and one more thing katherine u think my domains are junk? I bought wowzer.com for $700. Someone offered me $5000 but i rejected him because there are already alot of offers in the four figures. And guess what, the person who offered $5k is the person who bought cookinggames.com for $350,000. So domains that u think of no value and no buyer doesn't mean it doesnt. Think before you talk.

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Naruto - when the going gets tough, the tough get going. One of my favorite songs by Billy Ocean.

Why attack Katherine when she's giving you solid advice? GreatDomains is not going to hold your hand with things; it's a marketplace to auction domains.

What solid advice. Shes blaming me for playing the blaming game. Im not blaming, im pissed by greatdomains. Come on do you need to defend for her because she is a girl?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'll tell you right now, Naruto: you're an idiot. When you pay $x,xxx for a domain and send it to auction with no reserve, you get what you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom