Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Grub..anyone use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it yesterday and have already crawled 240,000 URLS !..

I am having trouble getting the local crawl to work.. anyone else use it that can walk me through it..?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://sv-grubdb1.looksmart.com/html/help.php

You are helping looksmart index DAILY the web(using your PC's CPU ...like the seti download.. thats the object anyways.; in doing so you you are also allowed to index your own web sites (local crawl) .. which will give you a listing advantage in the looksmart SE AND even more importantly..lets say MSN , or a Yahoo or someone of the likes buys looksmart/grub then you see how your advantage increases?! ..

I am just having a little trouble understanding exactly how to include a needed txt file for the local crawl.

Download your grub.txt file. The file contains your local crawl id, which will be used to authenticate the fact that you are in control of your site(s). Without this file, our system will refuse to assign your URLs to your particular client ID. Note: Do not edit the file with a text editor, as special control characters can sneak into it and confuse our scanner.

For reference, your grub.txt file should contain: ********* (it is simply an ID number -like an affiliate ID)

Place the file in the top most directory of any website that you control. For example, if you run the website located at http://www.outlethosting.com/maverick/, you would put the file in the directory on your server that corresponds to the /maverick/ root. A good rule of thumb is to put the file in whatever directory you have your main, or home page.

So it is simply a small text file ..nothing more than a 12 digit ID number..

Reading their instructions ..would you interpret that as basically just upload the txt file ? or would I need to place that ID # in the text file on a page ?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duh.. I figured it out.. I would recommend everyone that is actually building sites to at least try it for 30-45 days..

I like the idea , you are able to send the crawler to your website'sany time you want to reflect any changes you have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom