Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

GTA Domainer's meeting during March break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I had suggested in the GTA domainer's thread, consistent with what others were saying, I think it's time that some of us domainers in the GTA got together for a meet-and-greet.

Considering that the March Break is just a few weeks from now, I feel that that's the perfect time to hold an event, as it is likely easier on most of our schedules, and gives us enough time beforehand to organize things.

There seemed to be a pretty good attendance last time... I wasn't there, as I'm a fairly new member.

Any suggestions as to where/what day might be good if we were to have this event?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im in - weekdays prefered for me, coffee shop or cafe would be ok

d97

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm more likely in...hopefully we can get some more people to show. Once we get a number, we can maybe plan a centralized location...i'm in the GTA (Vaughan).

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I can see as of right now we have myself, Chapel, irish31, d97, and urlurl. I sent off 27 PM's to those who participated in the other thread... yet to receive any responses.

There's still a couple of weeks before that particular timeframe, so let's wait on some responses.

I had suggested in the other thread that there are a few Moxies restaurants in the north end of the city... all of which are public transit accessible with good parking, and not too much of a pain to get to from York region.

Reason I'm suggesting Moxies specifically is because of the great group seating.

So that we don't have to throw anything together last-minute, anybody who's interested in attending and is reading this thread, please reply to confirm your interest.

ChuckNights

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Count me in guys! Saturday night works best for me. Anywhere in the GTA is fine. Take care, keep this post updated.
Thanks

Chuck

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, Chuck... which Saturday did you have in mind? the 13th or the 20th?

ChuckNights

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess the 20th would be ideal but it doesn't really matter.
Any of you guys on NamePros.com?

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JP, have you got a preferred date?

lotsofcoffee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in Ottawa and would be happy to go. Any day except Wednesday is fine for me.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sent off 27 PM's to those who participated in the other thread... yet to receive any responses.

You sent pm's to people living in BC... :undecided:

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So are we settled on the date/time/place? keep me in the loop guys -- Go CANADA Go :) (post Olympic Happiness Syndrome) hiya tDot and whitebark long time no see :)

I'm just looking to meet and greet again or say hi to some new faces. bring you list of domains with you I might want to trade.

got it got it got it need it need it got it :) those old enough will get it.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry I couldnt make it, that week is busy, family coming down from toronto actually to visit plus my wifes birthday celebration that weekend.

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So have you guys decided on a time and place to meetup ?

I guess I'll meet up with you blokes since there's so many of us domainers in "hogtown" :cool:

*oink oink*

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can probably make it up to Toronto too...

Cheers,

Jay

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My mistake. My research wasn't very thorough.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

So, as of right now, I'm able to conclude that we have myself, Chapel, irish31, d97, urlurl, tdottrader, acquisition, lotsofcoffee and liberator for a total of 9 participants.

Hope had also expressed some interest in this event. Had sent off a message to DCG, who I know is in the GTA... but haven't heard back from him at all.

I'll await replies until next week (can't focus on anything right now anyway, as I have an exam on Saturday morning and need to study), and then I think would be a suitable time to start setting things in stone.

ChuckNights

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, keep us (me too) posted..
Have you guys been to Dave & Busters up on highway 7 in Vaughn?
That would be a cool place for a meet.

Chuck

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never been there... I hear it's pretty good from friends who have been there.

Only issue is... I'm confined to where public transit will take me, as I don't drive/have a car, which is why I'd prefer something in the 416.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interested in attending, depending on time and place. Have two kids so March break is kind of busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom