Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Guess who owns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
InternetExplorer.com and Chrome.com? It certainly isn't Microsoft or Google. Is there a wonder why Firefox is winning?

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Big differences between the two....

Chrome.com is own by a legit company. Google would have to cough up big bucks to get it.

Internetexplorer.com is parked. It's just a matter of time before Microsoft wakes up and files a UDRP to get it.

Firefox is winning for now but Google Chrome is catching up fast.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am using IE9 and it's buggy as hell, been switching between IE9 and Chrome, starting to like chrome more.

-=DCG=-

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Opera owns opera.com.
Another winner :smilewinkgrin:

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Opera has been doing well in Europe for the last couple of years. I personally don't know anyone in the US who uses Opera. A shame as I've heard it is a top notch browser.

But seriously the browser wars are going to hit up. I typed Internet Explorer in the browser to check out what's the hoopla with IE9 (or IE8) was only to discover it was parked. Microsoft needs that domain. And so does Google for Chrome. I'm sure the primary reason for Facebook's acquisition of the Fb.com domain was the discovery that its users referred to Facebook simply as FB. FB can be used for a lot more and isn't even established yet.

Internet Explorer and Chrome are very well established. For crying out loud Google is already pushing Chrome OS. I hope they get chromeos.com before retail hardware carry the os next month.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Opera has been doing well in Europe for the last couple of years. I personally don't know anyone in the US who uses Opera. A shame as I've heard it is a top notch browser.

But seriously the browser wars are going to hit up. I typed Internet Explorer in the browser to check out what's the hoopla with IE9 (or IE8) was only to discover it was parked. Microsoft needs that domain. And so does Google for Chrome. I'm sure the primary reason for Facebook's acquisition of the Fb.com domain was the discovery that its users referred to Facebook simply as FB. FB can be used for a lot more and isn't even established yet.

Internet Explorer and Chrome are very well established. For crying out loud Google is already pushing Chrome OS. I hope they get chromeos.com before retail hardware carry the os next month.
More than you know ;)
I've been using Opera for long time.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Opera owns opera.com.
Another winner :smilewinkgrin:

Read on their blog that since Oprah released her [email protected] email address, they've had so many emails begging for crap like free tickets... They've posted some of the emails on opera.com - worth a read ;)

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use Google Chrome. Used to use Firefox, but chrome is faster and easier to use.

I don't really use extensions so I don't miss Firefox as much.

Google and Microsoft are both big enough that they don't need to own those domain names.

They can reach users in better ways. I got prompted to download IE9 after signing out of Hotmail for e.g.

Google can place links on its search page.

Skinny

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use opera, chrome, firefox, and IE6, IE9.

Mostly because I always have a habit to check my sites across all popular platforms, as a webmaster.

But I generally just browse with IE9 with no big issues.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check out googlechrome.com. What is surprising is google owns it and still doesn't do anything with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom