Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Last week we invited a new neighbor to our Friday dinner. He's new to the hood, lives alone, albeit in a nice plush apartment with water views.
There were several young ladies at the table, and he proved himself a perfect gentleman, and also, a ladies man. He tells us he went to Rutgers, but did his neuroscience research at Harvard. Currently he is an IT man in the family business. I did wonder a bit why didn't he go for an MD degree. He didn't give me a direct answer, but I guess, it's fine, it's just a dinner, etc.

The next day my little kid decided to search for sex offenders in the 1 mile radius. And the first picture that popped up is of our guest, even though his name is different from the one he introduced himself.
Now, my old lady goes into an overdrive. She pulls the documents from the web that show our guest as a prominent pediatrician who was sentenced to 50 years for funny business with his male patients. Somehow, he served only 6 years.
All the ladies in the house are in total shock. The other young ladies who were at the dinner are in even bigger shock. They probably had some romantic ideas.

I'm torn. I liked the guy, and hoped he would be a perfect drinking buddy.
What do I do?
:smilewinkgrin:

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He already lied about his name. He didn't directly answer your question (the same as lying).

He's in a family business because no one else will have him.

Break it off.

Crimes vary. A person can stop robbing 7-11s, they can stop doing blow. Sex offenders have a disease that may not go away.

Last edited:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My little kid told me that in the sex ed class they were taught how to put a condom on a dildo

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's like teaching someone how to put on a hat.
Public education in many areas is overrated, overpriced and a threat to independent and moral thinking.
Quality of life is what matters.
Little kids shouldn't have to worry about this.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My little kid told me that in the sex ed class they were taught how to put a condom on a dildo

They need to teach them how to put in on in under 5 seconds before the girl gets aggitated and leaves. It's a small window of oppportunity. That's real life! ;)

As for your original questions, dump him and find a drinking buddy that's not a sex offender.

Also, maybe research people before you invite them to sit with you family for friday night dinner. ;)

-=DCG=-

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We met him at the shul, and Rabbi ask us if we can invite him to the Shabbos dinner

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sure, invite him over for dinner

make sure you have the right butler though :smilewinkgrin:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Larry David had a hilarious Sex Offender episode that reminded me of our experience. Here's a 2 min insane clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9O1vzGROg8

Larry and Cheryl hold a Passover Seder for friends and family. Larry befriends a sex offender and winds up inviting him to Passover, which causes a lot of awkwardness among the other guests. Larry accuses another guest of stealing his morning paper. :smilewinkgrin:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cheryl would get it :smilewinkgrin:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I knew, I knew, I knew what the picture would be before I clicked the link.

thats because you have a twisted , black, 'British' sense of humour, like Acro
it's why I have given you both honourary knighthoods lol

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Police found a pair of boys feet in the sex offender freezer.
9-yr old boy disappeared Monday afternoon after getting lost while walking alone for the first time.

missing_

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a horrible, horrible story.

I quit reading it. This morning did not have any details. But as details emerged, I did not even want to know what happened.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats just killed my day reading that
wish you hadnt posted it
same age as my eldest daughter

i'm not religious, more agnostic, but if there is a God I know that child is by God's side now, and i hope the evil scum will go to hell. at least the police have him, thats a start

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm a secular Jew with deep roots in Liberalism. I often struggle with issues like teshuba - that's Hebrew for forgiveness and understanding.
I guess I'll have to rethink my position on sex offenders. What's next? Nazi atrocities?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know the bible says God is a forgiving God. I would struggle to believe one second that he is forgiving this act. No one can forgive the slaughter and dismemberment of an innocent child.

For me, this is another example of the punishment should fit the crime. I know that is a pure evil comment to make but this is a heinous act.

I often times struggle with the forgive and forget mentality. If I am told it is Christian to forgive, then it almost condones such behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom