Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Guitar Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding guitar tabs websites and wanted to know whether if someone can advice me on this please ?

1)Can you please tell me whether if the website which is hosting tabs posted by guitarists and users should obtain copyright permission from original music creators in order to post guitar tabs ?
Tabs are sent by users/guitarists,they listen to music and then post tabs on website.

2)With which country copyright laws should the website comply,US,Russian or any other where its hosted?

I am asking because i havce websites hosted in the US and Russia and copyright laws are different in each country,for example in Russian guitar tabs arent considered as a subject to copyrightlaw,they can be distributed freely.
Is it ok to host free tabs on websites hosted in Russian and will i comply with Adsense policy then ?

3)Does it matter from which country,i as a site owner,from and does it affect which country copyright laws i should follow ?

4)There is also one more separate question i wanted to ask.
Local copyright agency has agreements with ASCAP and other US agencies,would that be fine if i obtain license and pay royalty fees to local agency which will then pay ASCAP and in that case will you consoider me as a legal webmaster wich host tabs ?

Best Regards,
NS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom