Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Had my first .mobi offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just had an offer on merchandise.mobi i have rejected it for now though since we have no historic evidence of value as of yet, it was a bloody good offer tho! About 10x the reg fee or there abouts! There are people out there already looking to get into .mobi! Good times ahead i reckon!

Domain Days 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its a nice offer. i think its around 500$ right

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably the owners of the dot com. May worth $1,500 since that is what .mobi are charging just to apply for your .mobi trade mark name:

"The filing of an application is subject to the payment of a non-refundable
application fee in the amount of USD 1,500."

ps........congratulations on receiving the offer ! Great news for mobi fans.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well done aggie. you were right to say no, as that is a very good domain either way. i wasn't going to reg. any .mobi
have 9 now!
it's my limit as out of cash! bad month! :greensighw:
let all the domains get regged this week. scraps & below average ones from oct. 11th or whenever. give it a year.
if the backing is as people say for this, it may be that when you go into your browser it automatically places .mobi there. if that is the case, with more digital mobiles in the world than pcs & tvs put together, we may all be wishing we had more. normal people (like me) can't go too mad. i have too many already, but you need a few i think. it won't be just music, ringtones etc, although they are fantastic ones to have. have been wanting to develop a site on lapland for ages as planning to take my daughter there next christmas to see santa! relatively small market but niche & profitable.
all the tlds gone & they're wanting silly money.
i bagged Lapland.mobi & Lappland.mobi yesterday.
This is the way i see it:
.com best
.co.uk & .de best country tlds
.info best speculative tld & will challenge for official 2nd in a few years
.mobi could sit behind these in 5th in a year or two
if it's good, generic, names etc. you will always get at leastyor mone back. prob. much more :humble:
Predator

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..this just gave me an idea, muahaha.. u got 30 minutes to figure it out or it will be regged by me by the time i get to my home computer..

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes there are still (were) a few brandables like Fizz.mobi, I was going to get Fury.mobi but at some point you have to stop. Certainly mobi is all the Rage at the moment ;)

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just cant wait for the premium name sales, it will indicate how desperate people/companies are to get their hands on those domains! It would be worth keeping an eye on them to see who have purchased them! I've got alot of hard work ahead i got 51 of them now and i've parked them at sedo initially but obviously it's not compliant with the mobi rules, so i need to make 51 seperate wap sites for each!and figure out a way to benefit from my labour! Anyone know of mobi compliant ppc/ads?

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when is the auction?

GoPC

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is a $1,500 USD application fee to apply for any of the premium names.. and if more than 1 person submits an application for the same domain, it then goes into the auction process.. so i imagine a lot of people will be waving goodbye to $1500 just for the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom