Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HanauAmMain.com
NeuburgAnDerDonau.com ( NeuburgAnDerDonau.de )
NeustadtInHolstein.com

Appraise, please
Thanks

Domain summit 2024

koba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
None of these are IDNs.
Anyway...

There are hundreds of cities in Germany named Neustadt, so probably to add these additional specifications "InHolstein", "amMain" etc. to the city name makes the most sense for "NeustadtInHolstein".
low xxx$

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks koba
but these cities really exist (google), just take a look if you have time.

koba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi deceneu, i´m sorry - i´m not a native english speaker so probably you´ve misunderstood what i´ve wanted to say:
- of course all of this cities exists - i´ve never doubted this - there are even many cities called Hanau, Neustadt or Neuburg in Germany / Austria
cause of that fact these additional specifications have been added to the city names so you can differ them - like "Oh, you come from Neustadt in Holstein. I come from Neustadt an der Weinstrasse." So for example "Neustadt in Holstein" is the official city name, BUT most of the time everyone will call it just Neustadt if there´s no doubt about which Neustadt he´s talking about. Cause of that - from a domainer perspective Neustadt.com Hanau.com and Neuburg.com would be MUCH better names. Also "Neustadt in Holstein" and "Neuburg an der Donau" are very small cities, Hanau am Main is a small-medium city. I don´t see much value in this names. Perhaps you can try to sell them directly to the city authorities.

deceneu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your instructive support. It helps me very much to have a view of how "german domaining" are functioning. That was the lesson of this day ( still learning...). Sometimes I need such of detailed feedbacks, so please, stay around:) I`ll try ( it was in my mind ), as you also adviced, to contact the cities authorities. Its worth a try, anyway.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators