Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Has anybody ever copied your site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because somebody sure just made a rip off of mine :undecided:. I own www.SuperiorTraffic.net and I must've spent a good 50 hours making the site, including the texts and administration stuff. I sold information to a client of mine regarding my source of traffic. This client has recently become more of a friend, as we talk on a regular basis about non-business related things.

He told me that he was going to make a traffic site (no doubt, because I helped him get a traffic account.) Well sure enough he "made" the site- it's a template and almost all of the text has been copied/pasted/edited from my site, or just comes straight from the traffic source's site. It's no surprise that he used a template to create the site- less work.

Have a look at our sites and compare.

Mine - http://www.superiortraffic.net
His - http://www.smarter-traffic.com

I won't stoop to his level and say what his username on here is, but I just wanted to point this out.

I don't know though. This kind of thing just bothers me. I was really friendly with him (and vice-versa) and now he just copied my site. Man, what some people do :'(.

By the way- I was looking through my stats and found that he had gone to 20+ pages on my site- far more than any other user. I actually asked him (before I found out about this) "hey man, are you gonna copy my site or something? You've been lookin' at it all day..." Well sure enough he did.

Ouch, it hurts %+|.

maxf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Might as well just post a comparison to make things easier for you all to see:

Mine:
Our popunder advertising will increase your site's sales, popularity, or statistics.
His:
Our popunder advertising services will increase your site's traffic, popularity and sales.

Mine:
His:

Mine:
Easy and Safe Payments

All of our payments are taken care of by PayPal- the easiest and safest way to transfer money online.
His:
Easy, Safe Payments

All of our payments are taken care of with PayPal, PayPal accepts all major credit cards.

Mine:
Looking for features?
We have everything you need for your site:
-High quality visitors
-Full page popunder advertising
-Administration panel for traffic campaigns
-Guaranteed traffic within thirty days
-Wide variety of target categories to choose from
-10% discounts on all orders for returning customers
-Much, much more!
His:
Features

-High quality guaranteed visitors
-Full Page Popunders
-Administration Panel
-Wide range of targeted audiences
-No hidden fees
-And much more!!

Mine:
2. All customers are provided with an administration panel for their traffic campaign. The statistics shown in the control panel are real-time.
His:
Administration Panel
All customers are provided with an administration panel to view statistics etc.

Mine:
Are visitors with popup blockers counted?
No. If a visitor has a popup blocker, our server script won't execute, making sure that the visitor isn't counted.
His:
What if a visitor has a pop-up blocker?
If a user has a pop-up blocker, our traffic server script will not execute.

There's more, but I don't feel like going through his site more. I'm surprised that nobody has said anything about it. I was hoping to start some conversation. It'd be interesting to hear what this guy has to say, as he does have an account here.

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll post this here as well

Maxf, and all concerned

We both use the same reseller for the traffic and this is one reason why both our sites are similar. They are similar mainly because we are both selling the same products.

I based my site mainly on the resellers website because the reseller has got the description of the products etc.

As we are both selling the same product all the faq's and terms etc should be basically the same because it is the same product. If someone asked what kind of advertising I sell I'd say Full page popunders, If someone asked maxf what type of advertising he sold he'd say Full page popunders because we are selling the same thing!

For example maxf explained in his post some comparisons between our sites

Mine:
Quote:
Are visitors with popup blockers counted?
No. If a visitor has a popup blocker, our server script won't execute, making sure that the visitor isn't counted.

His:
Quote:
What if a visitor has a pop-up blocker?
If a user has a pop-up blocker, our traffic server script will not execute.

What else would I say for that? If the visitor has a popup blocker the script will not execute. That is the truth. that is the only thing to say!

About me viewing 20 odd pages on his site, I did register in his forum and post, by editing profile, registering etc would call quite a few pages that is normal for forums.

I did not copy his site, they may be similar but not a copy.

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll post this here as well...

I and maxf have discussed this issue and decided that I reword my website to make it less similar and to clear any confusion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom