Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Has anyone actually bought a domain from BuyDomains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm curious to know if anyone on this forum has actually dealt with BuyDomains. They beat me out on a domain (Names4ever is permanently on my fecal roster from now on) and I'm willing to pay a good chunk of cash for the domain, but not like $5k or anything like that.

Just wanted to hear some experiences from people if they have any. :)

If it comes down to it, I'm looking to see which is cheaper...buying a smaller host who has another name I like just for the name, or dealing with this guy...bet it's cheaper to buy the company...:(

Domain summit 2024

Agreed 100%. Makes me physically ill that he managed to get that name. At least he did it by pulling the same dirty trick I did to beat snapnames. :D

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're not alone, lightnin. Everyone here has been beaten by
BD at one time or another. I've probably seen twenty or more
Snaps fall to them. It's particularly discouraging when you've
had SnapBack's on names for two years only to lose it to them.

I wonder if they are making any money, really. They do have a
hefty overhead after all.

Does anyone know if they are willing to deal? They say their
prices are non-negotiable. I suppose it would depend on the
name in question. :)

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their prices are usually pretty reasonable. I've got my sights set on a very good domain that they are asking $1088 for. It's easy to request prices for their names.

They are non-negotiable, but if you don't buy right away, usually you'll get an e-mail back in a couple weeks with a lower price.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
Their prices are usually pretty reasonable. I've got my sights set on a very good domain that they are asking $1088 for. It's easy to request prices for their names.

They are non-negotiable, but if you don't buy right away, usually you'll get an e-mail back in a couple weeks with a lower price.

I agree, their prices are actually more reasonable than most of the prices I've seen on this forum. Good tip, don't take their first offer. Let it pass some time, and if you are lucky they will lower their initial price a bit more.

Good luck!

Cool, thanks guys! Good to know it's not quite as forboding as the website leads you to believe.

All that talk about percentages of your yearly business income and crap like that...jeez...lol

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am thinking about retrieving one of my lost gems. :)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with BD a few times and in fact you can negotiate prices with them if you keep friendly and have good reasons why you think a name should be cheaper.

he wants $888 for it...think I'll wait and see if he'll drop a bit. I don't want to finance his endeavors any more than I have to.

D

dkny

it's funny. don't you guy think he is reading this forum? or he may be one of the posters above?

Originally posted by dkny
it's funny. don't you guy think he is reading this forum? or he may be one of the posters above?

Hadn't really thought about it. Can't say I really care either.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to give you a hint:
It's not "he" or "him" but "they" and "them".
They are professionals.
And if you think it might be clever to just wait and hope price is gonna fall by itself,you're wrong.
As i've already said, call em up and talk to them - sometimes they're willing to negotiate.

Originally posted by beatz
Just to give you a hint:
It's not "he" or "him" but "they" and "them".
They are professionals.
And if you think it might be clever to just wait and hope price is gonna fall by itself,you're wrong.
As i've already said, call em up and talk to them - sometimes they're willing to negotiate.

heh...yas massa...glad you like 'them' so much.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez..
Dude learn to read between the lines.
Translation:
By hinting you on the "them" thing i tried to let you know BuyDomains.com is not a single guy but the worlds biggest domain speculating company(besides YunYee) specialized in getting expired names for themselves with lots of employees,secretarys,programmers etc.
Which means you can sit there and wait for ages to see if a certain price goes down - it won't happen.
Except if you call em up and try to negotiate ACTIVELY.
And no i dont like or hate them but i respect them

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I lost out to Buy Domains on a couple of names that I had Snaps on. They also picked up some names I let drop. Oddly enough they hit my site three times a couple a days ago, strange because the site has no names listed for sale, just a few names linked to it. I got the feeling it was due to my posting here. hmmm

D

dkny

Originally posted by lightnin

Hadn't really thought about it. Can't say I really care either.

the more the other party knows your card, the less likely you will win the game.

that's why i never post my name out here.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dkny

the more the other party knows your card, the less likely you will win the game.

that's why i never post my name out here.

Absolutely.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Absolutely.

Mole is the king of laying low. Every now and then--he pops his head out--looks around--makes a few posts--
and then disappears quietly into the night. It's the damndest thing I've ever seen.

Sometimes I wonder if he was actually here--or if it was just my imagination--wishing for the bouncy bouncy.

We are not even sure he really exists at all. :eek:

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well if anyone does buy one let me know as they are listing some i own

nice of them

tried calling

then they tried to transfer it at 60 day point
may have been an error? HMMM

one thing they do have is the marketing down pat still get email following up on inquires from last year

and some damm good names

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators