Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Has anyone else experienced Sedo arbitrarily

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced Sedo arbitrarily changing their keywords?

I have a bank typo which I had set the keyword to Loans. I believe it's been set to Loans for at least a year. Today the keyword was magically changed to portal site. Totally worthless in my opinion.

Of course it's the weekend now. Sedo's closed till Monday.

Sheesh.....

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sometimes they used portal to get a better optimization with my names, dont no if its the case with yours

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes i have had this happen a few times. they set it back to original keyword desired after i sent a support ticket, etc.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it could be down to TM issues also. If the actual bank you have a typo for is in fact a sponsor on google, they could of informed google and in turn google informed SEDO.

I think it would be best if you contacted [email protected] just to make sure their is no issue.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
sometimes they used portal to get a better optimization with my names, dont no if its the case with yours

I was happy with what it was earning.

mark said:
they set it back to original keyword desired after i sent a support ticket, etc.

I have sent them an email asking them to change it back.

namestrands said:
it could be down to TM issues also. If the actual bank you have a typo for is in fact a sponsor on google, they could of informed google and in turn google informed SEDO.

I hadn't thought of that but would think the TM holder would contact me first. And I think the typo is generic enough not to be a TM issue.

I just don't like it that Sedo changed it without notifying me first or at all. We're not talking big bucks or traffic here... surprised Sedo would even bother.

Thank you for your replies folks. I appreciate it.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi 768768,

As you appreciated answers by fellow DNFers, I'm sure you'd appreciate a Sedo one too!
We normally don't tamper with our users' keywords as we feel that you know your own domains better than anyone and know how you would like them to be optimized. We do, however, try to achieve the best earnings for our customers' domains and regularly look through our parked pages to check for domains which could be performing better. For example, if a site has 20,000 views and only 3 clicks, then we will try our best to find a keyword which better suits the visitors' wishes.

Obviously, I'm not aware of the circumstances surrounding your particular domain. We will, however, never change a keyword if a domain is doing well.

The only exception to this is if the keyword in question is not relevant to the domain it is connected to. This is why we have the suggestion check. You would be surprised how many people we have a day submitting the keyword 'loans' for their entire portfolio! It is no secret that loans pays out very well, but we will not let the standards of our parking program nor that of the ads provided by Google drop by allowing 'loans' as a keyword willy nilly.

As a result, when we see the keyword set as 'loans', alarm bells normally ring and the name is subjected to more scrutiny. This could be the case in your situation. Perhaps the person who changed the keyword was not aware of the existence of this particular bank and, as it was a typo which probably doesn't look much like it has anything to do with loans, then they set it to the portal page. However, if this ever happens, then you can naturally send us an email to [email protected] or [email protected] (whichever is relevant to you) and, if you explain the situation, we will reset it for you.

Please understand that we are only working in all of our best interests - right the way from the top - the advertisers on Google, Google themselves, Sedo and you all benefit if the keywords are as relevant as possible to the domain in question. This ensures the high quality ads keep on coming and the earnings remain high.

Please be assured that we don't arbitrarily go through changing anything we don't like. I really believe this was a simple case of your particular domain catching someone's eye and them changing it due to a misunderstanding.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with at [email protected]

Ed

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're right, Ed. I do appreciate the reply. Thank you!

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it has been many times that some of my domain keywords changed magically as well. some keywords has been there for more than six months.., suddenly changed to a keyword which is totally not related to the traffic at all.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can confirm Sedo changed the high paying keywords "Loan" to portal as well. Those were earning up to $2 per click. I don't think it's coincidence as further attempts to reinstate the keywords failed. Someone at Sedo is bored and likes to play. Solution: keep submitting keywords, 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom