Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Has anyone else got an email like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was checking my email today and got this and wanted other people feedback as to what they think this is or even have they ever seen this before? [I took the name out but I got this in 2 emails for 2 different names].

================Email received=======================

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm sorry to disturb you so abrupt. We are a domain name registration service company in Asia,

On 5th April. we received a formal application submitted by Mr. John Sun who wanted to use the keyword "[my domain name was here less the extension ]" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/.asia/ domain names.
After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. We aren't sure whether you have any relation with him. Because these domain names would produce possible dispute, now we have hold down his registration, but if we do not get your company's an reply in the next 5 working days, we will approve his application

As authorized anti-cybersquatting organization we hereby suspect Mr. John Sun is a domain investor. so we need you to attach importance to this issue.

In order to handle this issue better, Please contact us by Fax ,Telephone or Email as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely         2010-4-8
Joy
Oversea Marketing Manager
-------------------------------------------
Room 1008,
International Building,
No.38 YueLong road,NanTong City
Tel:+86(513)85330968
Fax:+86(513)80260081
Email:[email protected]

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had a few of those. I think the first sentence says it all. The day scammers improve their English might be the time to worry. :)

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know it's a scam but was just giving them credit for improving their quality over the years. Even funnier was the fact the domain name .net / .org wasn't registered so why spend money on those other extensions.

Kinda of reminds me of those fake invoices you get with the rated pricing but they aren't even from where you really have the domain registered in the first place. We all know the company it's on Yonge St in Toronto... Sends you an official looking invoice with return envelope but in small print it tells you that the domain will move over to there system and the invoice is actually just a courtesy notice.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are behind a great government controlled firewall and produce counterfeit goods, cheap toys, steel that rusts and breaks and toxic drywall panels. But, humbly request your American dollar to support our Communist manifesto and teachings of Mao. The 12 year old gymnastics athletes that competed in Beijing 2008 illegally are the pride of Motherland. Let a thousand flowers blossom, we buy worthless .cn domains and pitch them for greenbacks. Ni hao!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom