Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Has anyone else received this email.. Whatta Crock of Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Have found your name listed for sale.

Is this domain still available for sale? Have you received any bids from other buyers?

If it's still available for sale please email me your asking price.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I will contact you. Please don't send me multiple emails if you don't receive a reply from me and keep my email address confidential.
Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I will contact you as soon as possible.

I run a software development company. We provide custom software development in Linux, Windows XP, MS Access, MS SQL, PHP and Delphi for our clients in USA, Hong Kong, UK and Switzerland. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest free money and make some income.

Kindest regards,

Mark Miller

CEO

MCSE, MCSD
|
=====================>> Here is the reply email V

Yes the name is still for sale, it was listed on ebay for $1000.00. If you would be able to complete the sale via escrow or via paypal (payments from balance only, sorry no credit cards) within the next 48 hours, I will reduce the price to $800.00.

I do not offer appraisals with my domains. If you would like to verify any value to the domain they are many companies that offer appraisal services. I would highly recommend Afternic.com as they have a very positive reputation in the domain community.

Thank you for your interest in SolarisHosting.com

I look forward to reply.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont see whats wrong

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The old appraisal scam introductory email.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow... two veteran members who were not familiar with this scam yet...

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it is the "appraisal scam" I sure am familiar with it. Just didn't look like that to me (atleast not like the ones I have received).

Anyhow, the email does smell "massproduced". Probably a low-ball-fisher or some scam. Reply and see what he says

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a well known scam posted about frequently on DomainState.com. They will require you buy an appraisal from them.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask the "buyer" to get your domain appraised from his pocket and deduct appraisal fees from the amount he is offering to you.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLtrader said:
Ask the "buyer" to get your domain appraised from his pocket and deduct appraisal fees from the amount he is offering to you.

Don't even waste your time - they won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom