Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Has anyone experienced this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I moved my domains away from Parked for a couple weeks because of the drastic decline in revenue, I saw that Sedo wasn't that much better so I moved them back to Parked. Once I did that, traffic and revenue jumped dramatically on a few domains, it lasted for about 4 days and returned to where it was before I moved them.

This happened once before, but I didn't think much of it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
John's right, it's traffic draft when you open and close the doors :D

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think they are bot traffic when you change dns - in your case from one parking dns to another.

Perhaps, but I was credited for the traffic and clicks... And I we know how well parked filters out bot traffic.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be a coincidence but if traffics/revenues increased when you move dns then there is no need to optimize keywords - just sit all day and move back and forth!!!

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my personal experience with parked.com was disappointing. gave them 3 months on about 14 domains; in those three months I saw less income there than in 1 day on one domain over at dotzup.com; closed my account with parked.com and won't return.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider said revenue also increased with the traffic so how can it be bot traffic since bots don't click the ads?

Correct, here's a snapshot of the most obvious domain, Look at the dates, I changed the DNS back to parked on 7/28.

The revenue from August 2nd forward is when it returned to what's shown on 7/3 and prior. 7/4 is when I moved it out.

parkedstats.jpg

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Has the source of traffic changed?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Has the source of traffic changed?

The source of traffic for this name in particular is mostly all type-in... No referrers.

I parked it at Sedo and it performed horrilbly... Then I parked it using an affiliate program, no luck there.... I'm going to go back and pull the traffic stats, so I can compare them.

I'll post them here when I get them.

Also, There was a time when this name was receiving up to 500 hits of type-in a day, It declined over a long period at Parked.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider - thank you for posting this - these are interesting numbers - and quite unusual .

i noticed on many of mine some flux when moving but not that much - it would have been helpful seing a few day after - like aug 01 .02 and 03 to really see the whole curve .

when looking at your numbers i see that the keyword is a very nice fit for the domain - and i think the spike was something of a mix ( newly indexed or again indexed by a certain search engine & people noticed a change and thought the original website is back up ) - since the ctr was quite high during his period i think that new or returning visitors click on your links.

but that just how i see it - i am sure someone will tell you that i am completly wrong.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i noticed on many of mine some flux when moving but not that much - it would have been helpful seing a few day after - like aug 01 .02 and 03 to really see the whole curve .

Here you go Wolfis,

parkedstats-1.jpg

Also, I returned to the previous sites and the traffic is pretty much the same, 80 hits approx.... I plan to put it in on my server to get a more accurate figure.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i still stand to my previous post that with the traffic spike - this just happens sometimes .

i also pm'd you.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, with that kind of traffic and click thru why bother with all the parking funny stuff. build a webpage with some relevant content, adsense and affiliate programs links. then you can be sure of your traffic and likely make more revenue.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me parked just doesn't work... I get about $0.01 - $0.03 per click... when I move the domains to ND I get about $0.11 per click... I have moved different groups of domains between these two systems a number of times and it always seems to be the same...

Have you tried these domains on ND Raider?

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider

I believe this is SE traffic. In the past i have noticed that Sedo domians get indexed in SE's and rank well sometimes. When names are moved to Parked they move down in ranking or become de-indexed or penalized for parking. Again, this is just my experience but I have seen it on many cases.

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah it could well be SE traffic - it's odd why the revenue is varying though, although with this sort of behaviour it could be that the organic SE traffic/rankings are changing as the DNS (and so content, or lack thereof) is changing.

It could be worth developing it a bit. Get a host (if you need a free hosting account temporarily - i.e. a few months - just let me know) who offers cPanel and so AwStats. Have a mini-site (well, a small but good site) developed on it and see how you get on. AwStats is a great tool and will tell you exactly where you are getting your traffic from (be it type-ins, SEs, other websites etc) and if it is SEs, it'll give you the exact keywords being searched for. Could be worth a test because if this traffic is from the SEs, you could perhaps increase your revenue via mini-site development.

As for the temporary jump in revenue/traffic - there is something called the "Google Dance" (a weird name but that's what it's known in SEO circles) which could explain this.

This is basically whereby a new website, or one with very different content (i.e. if you change from Parked to Sedo and then back..) gets a temporary boost in the search engines. You may one day go to the first page of Google for a particular keyword (well, a low competition keyword) and the following day go back down to page three or four. This is whilst Google runs various 'tests' on your site, and whilst your site's rankings propogate throughout their many servers.

Hence it is possible (but I could be wrong) that this is what's happening here - i.e. you change your content, and so Google begins its "dance" of your site. It'll rank it highly, hence the increase in traffic and so revenue. Then over a few days it'll work out where your site should really be ranked (i.e. not on page 1 since parked sites obviously aren't viewed highly by Google) and you'll go to page 3/4+. This then causes the fall in traffic hence revenue.

I could be wrong here. But getting hosting (feel free to PM me for a temporary freebie account) with AwStats on it and a basic website will help you to see where you traffic is coming from and the KWs being searched for it is indeed SE traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom