Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Has anyone using Vonage

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxen

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please give me your opinion

Thanks

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested as well...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had voip service on my pc since 2002!

it came installed.

not vonage, but net2phone

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I posted a request for info weeks ago and nobody knew anything here... or at least they didn't bother if they did... however, I've heard from another source that they are very good so I'll switching to them within the next couple months.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Vonage looks good, and if you do a lot of N. American/Int calls, it could very well be worth the service, however I believe for the VoIP market, Vonage is not all that cheap (in comparison).

I have not used them myself, however I promote them :D Does that count for anything? :)

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sometimes cheap isn't the first consideration, lol. I thought their prices were very reasonable for my needs. I'm more concerned with reliability. In comparison to what I'm paying now ... in excess of $200/month and I still don't have a 1-800 number... vonage is cheap, hehe.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would actually be looking to set it up on a phone bank with about 20 lines and an auto-dialer. I just have to figure out if there are compatibility or broadband issues with that kind of volume

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ILikeInfo heard that I mentioned him on DNF.

So, today he asked that I post his remarks.

ILikeInfo said

"I actually have 2 VOIP lines via Vonage for well over a year (might even be 2 years or more lol); 1 for voice and 1 for fax.

Vonage has come a long way since the beginning, but since my local phone company could not get my "land line" to work without lots of static I figured no matter what service Vonage provided it could not be worse. lol

Fact is nobody could even tell I was on VOIP except there use to be a bit of a delay and once in a while it was like a cell phone, garbaled or weird tones. But that those problems have not happened in a very long time.

The only recent problems I've had was the line dying and for that Vonage replaced both my boxes with their latest and greatest Linksys boxes *FOR FREE*. The tech did tell me that different boxes seem to behave differently on different customer setups. Also the new boxes run just fine no matter how hard I'm pounding on the broadband connection with data as I talk. :)

But in the end I pay far less than a land line, the quality is *BETTER* for me, and I have there unlimited long distance minutes and so my phone bill is fixed no matter how long I talk. I've also used it for voice and fax to europe and again nobody would even know it's VOIP.

Frankly I think everyone should try is as online logs with caller ID is great as well as the other admin functions.

Oh, and one other issue is that for some reason the fast beep on the phone, to notify me when I have voice mail, sometimes get delayed ... By *DAYS*! So I use their email notification and allways get and email the instant a message is left -- You can also have them email a link so you can listen to the voicemail on your PC anywhere you are with no need to dial in. :)

Highly recommended. :) "

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may want to look at other VOIP options. Vonage is great for end-user and small offices, but there are many wholesale VOIP providers that may suit your needs better. I would look at the Level3 Voice offerings as an example.

MovieDomains said:
I would actually be looking to set it up on a phone bank with about 20 lines and an auto-dialer. I just have to figure out if there are compatibility or broadband issues with that kind of volume

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone's looking to signup with them, I can get you a discount on the service. So if you're already planning on signing up, feel free to PM me.

Smartway

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haven't used them, I use SIPphone.
Very good quality and saves me a lot on international calls.
Have a look sipphone.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom