Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Has Sedo started working on a Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Received an offer this morning on one of my domains via Sedo. The offer was extremely low-ball (you learn to both expect and learn to put up with them as a domainer).

I checked out what I could by looking up the Sedo's 'Buyers Information' which showed that the offer had originated from someone in the US who had been a member of Sedo since 2002, strangly though this member had no feedback as a buyer. I sent back a counter offer pointing out that on this particular domain I would only consider a 5 figure sum as a serious offer, this was accompanied by details of why the domain was so valuable.

Having sent the counter-offer on a Saturday morning I realised that the prospective buyer was not going to get to see my counter offer until Monday at the earliest (Sedo even point this out on their site when you send a counter offer). Low and behold a few hours later I receive information that the prospective buyer has cancelled negotiations!

I am not concerned that the so-called prospective buyer has cancelled negotiations (as a low-baller it is not worth the possible weeks/months negotiating on Sedo just for it to fall through), it is the fact that the buyer somehow received my counter offer when obviously all the Sedo offices were closed?

In my mind this must stem from one of only three possibilities:

1) Sedo has started working Saturdays
or
2) Sedo is automatically sending counter offers with comments straight through to prospective customers without censuring them first - this would definately be a new policy
or
3) The offer originated from Sedo or someone at Sedo.

I would be pleased to hear peoples opinions on this matter.

Many thanks.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the actual amount you countered at would be seen by the buyer, the comment you attached would be pending sedo's vetting, until monday/tues etc
therefore the buyer would have seen the amount and prob decided he couldn't be bothered to wait for the comment or didn't notice there was a comment
on a sidenote the fact that sedo still don't work weekends is ridiculous and one thing i hate about sedo, they could at least have skeleton staff working weekends otherwise if your sedo brokwer is in europe and couple hours ahead and a deal is half way through on a friday effectively you wait til monday til they deal with it. basically feels like sedo work a 4 day week which is annoying. fair enough staff want wekeends off, ...........so have weekend staff for the weekends

bloody germans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom