Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Has this been done for reverse hijacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Say I come up with an online service called "Quazzlestump". I register the domain and put up a service based on trivial and quiz based games.

The site becomes successful but I never register a TM.

A few years down the road someone decides to register a TM for Quazzlestump and bases it on quiz and trivia games.

Then, they file a WIPO against me for infringing on their trademark.

Has this been done before? What was the outcome (WIPO links if you have them)?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It all depends on how good is your lawyer's response.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the outcome is all case to case
many factors - when you v/s other party registered online services , registered trademark , target segment etc..

i have seen few family member running legacy business for 60-70 yrs and closing it ultimately due to co. reg and tm reg!
but i have also seen many cases , spl while reading wipo where the other party has been penalized !!

i will suggest find a good lawyer asap and post his consultation, put a dispute for TM !

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Also, like to add, for the family business, we fought till end for the domain, which we never got
the case was more complicated as it was 2 different countries of both the parties

although , ou have the same line of business interest .. that makes more interesting
in our case, the lob was totally different !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom