Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Have you ever sold a domain for end user prices on this forum?

• Thread starter Deleted member 111831
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 111831

I come across a lot of sellers on this forum seeking end user prices for their names. There is nothing wrong with asking $2,000 for a domain that is $100 reseller if you get somebody contacting you via the WHOIS or even from SEDO - particularly if you are not motivated to sell it - but to me it seems borderline insulting to get quoted those prices here. This should be the place to sell for reseller value or don't sell at all - nobody is going to be paying end user prices here so if that is what you are after you are just wasting everybody's time. Or maybe not...

Please discuss and share your experiences both as buyers and sellers here. Maybe I am wrong.

T

tekz999

Yes I have. But once in a blue moon. A $6.95 reg sold for $3000. That was half a decade ago.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disagree with you Poker. Why should this only be a forum for reseller pricing? I've purchased domains on here at end user prices before. And I have sold domains at end user prices. If its worth the asking price people will pay it.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have bought and sold at end user pricing here, because I am an end user too, so I also act in end user capacity.
There are domains that you can liquidate at 'reseller' pricing, while others are just too good to be sold off cheaply - so you stick to your guns :)

Thaitime

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's a buyers price and there's a seller's price......get the two to meet and that creates a market.

D

Deleted member 111831

I disagree with you Poker. Why should this only be a forum for reseller pricing? I've purchased domains on here at end user prices before. And I have sold domains at end user prices. If its worth the asking price people will pay it.

Because this is a forum full of domainers. Domainers typically don't pay end user prices because they know they don't have to. Like in Thailand if you try to buy something on the road they quote you triple what they will accept - because a lot of tourists don't know any better and just pay it. If there were no tourists they would (or at leas should) just give you the real price. Here there are no tourists, so I think people should save everybody a bunch of time and either offer their names at prices domainers will pay or try and sell them elsewhere.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

I have bought and sold at end user pricing here, because I am an end user too, so I also act in end user capacity.
There are domains that you can liquidate at 'reseller' pricing, while others are just too good to be sold off cheaply - so you stick to your guns :)

I agree with sticking to your guns. 95%+ of my domains I won't sell for reseller prices and quote big numbers when asked about them. But you won't see me offering any of those names for sale here. It would be a waste of my time and of the people who would submit genuine offers far lower than what I'd accept.

D

Deleted member 111831

There's a buyers price and there's a seller's price......get the two to meet and that creates a market.

Not quite. There are four possibles here, not two.

-Reseller sales price
-Reseller buyers price
-End user sellers price
-End user buyers price

#1 and #2 are pretty close if not equal. If two parties with these prices find each other, they usually do business. I am suggesting that is what this forum should be for.

#3 is huge - rarely will somebody here pay it, so sellers are wasting everybodys time by trying. They need to seek #4 which ain't here. Go to Sedo or GreatDomains or RickLatona or email people or whatever.

imo...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I come across a lot of sellers on this forum seeking end user prices for their names. There is nothing wrong with asking $2,000 for a domain that is $100 reseller if you get somebody contacting you via the WHOIS or even from SEDO - particularly if you are not motivated to sell it - but to me it seems borderline insulting to get quoted those prices here. This should be the place to sell for reseller value or don't sell at all - nobody is going to be paying end user prices here so if that is what you are after you are just wasting everybody's time. Or maybe not...

Please discuss and share your experiences both as buyers and sellers here. Maybe I am wrong.

Because this is a forum full of domainers. Domainers typically don't pay end user prices because they know they don't have to. Like in Thailand if you try to buy something on the road they quote you triple what they will accept - because a lot of tourists don't know any better and just pay it. If there were no tourists they would (or at leas should) just give you the real price. Here there are no tourists, so I think people should save everybody a bunch of time and either offer their names at prices domainers will pay or try and sell them elsewhere.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

I agree with sticking to your guns. 95%+ of my domains I won't sell for reseller prices and quote big numbers when asked about them. But you won't see me offering any of those names for sale here. It would be a waste of my time and of the people who would submit genuine offers far lower than what I'd accept.

Hi

i quoted those members replies, because they are perfect answers to your question

i think maye you have become frustrated because you haven't been able to buy so cheaply as expected.

posting domains wanted ads with $,$$$ budgets in the thread, but only offering 5-10 months revenue, and not even considering the value of the domains' intrinsic value.

only a fool is going to sell you a domain making $10 a month for $80

there are not many ignorant domainers who hold valued domains, but you;ve probably caught a few now since you've been a member here.

:)

however, you continue to assume that this forum is:

"Because this is a forum full of domainers. Domainers typically don't pay end-users prices, because they know they don't have to"

every member here may not be a domainer, they may aspire to be one or they may just happen to land here and become a member.

until each member knows and educates themselves about domains, values and how to buy and sell domains, then they haven't become a domainer.

those who haven't reached that stage are still "ripe" to purchase or sell at a price which can be "advantageous" to a domainer.

you feel me?

also, there are domainers who know value and are still willing to pay a price higher than what is quoted on "a domain pricing guide website".

once your mind breaks free of the box, then you'll understand.

imo...

D

Deleted member 111831

you feel me?

Yes, I do. I wont re-state what you said for obvious reasons but thanks for the clarification.

While I greatly respect your knowledge of domaining and your posts I always immediately close down sales threads I open when I realize they are yours. You are one of breed who absolutely refuses to sell for fair reseller prices. I don't even bother any more because I know for a fact you are going to want end user prices - even though I like lots of the domains you put up for sale.

Though from what you just said and seeing so many people do it - I guess you guys maybe aren't all just spinning your wheels. I suppose I should give it a shot too. It just seems counterintuitive to seek end user prices on a domainer board but I'll submit that you probably know better than I do.

I got PotLimitOmaha.de - Poker is huge in germany, who has a mid x,xxx offer for me

how'm I doin? :)

P.S. I am not upset I am not finding deals. I've bought more domains from dnforum than I have from any other source. I just have to wade through a lot of unreasonable sellers to get to the fair offers. And expired site traffic is not worth more than 12-18 months revenue. I believe you are referring to your blazingsevens domain - which you probably want $2k for or something when it makes $10 a month and is a reg fee domain sans traffic. And if people are allowed to ask the insane prices they do for domains then I should absolutely be allowed to start threads seeking to buy domains and lowball the shit out of everybody - same exact thing in reverse (and it has worked out pretty well for me fwiw).

tkstark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... to me it seems borderline insulting to get quoted those prices here.

me, i get borderline...no, make that full-bore insulted when i offer names at reseller prices (in a fixed-price thread, no less) and someone offers me a small fraction of the stated asking price. i offer names for sell here (at less than they could fetch at sedo) because i want a quick sale and i'm willing to make less money to do it...not because i'm stupid. if we're going to talk about what other people should do (as if what other people do is any of our business), i think other people should make offers that are close to the asking price...or don't make offers at all.

SocialInteraction

www.Jobsifieds.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its simple really, if you dont like the price, dont buy it... Be Smart, Be patient, and Be willing to Bargain...

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A price is a price. High, or low....Accept it, or, reject it.....End of.

Being 'insulted' doesn't come into it.

Being 'insulted' is about irritation & ego....Pricing is about markets - and, business. Nothing more.

TooManyDomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most the people who get insulted are those who wouldn't offer more then $10 for a domain which cracks me up. Give buyers a reason to buy or stop wasting time I say.

D

Deleted member 111831

A price is a price. High, or low....Accept it, or, reject it.....End of.

Being 'insulted' doesn't come into it.

Being 'insulted' is about irritation & ego....Pricing is about markets - and, business. Nothing more.

Yes pricing is about markets. If you own a 7-11 you don't sell Rolex's there - wrong market. Though maybe some of you guys are having luck selling at end user prices here. If so, I stand corrected (and having sold 1 or 2 out of hundreds of listings doesn't count to me - you are hurting the forum if you do that. Just creates clutter and less overall buyers)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never understood why people charge different prices for end users and resellers?

Unless I'm dealing with a bulk sale, I don't care if the person I'm selling it to is going to turn around and try to sell it or use it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do. I wont re-state what you said for obvious reasons but thanks for the clarification.

While I greatly respect your knowledge of domaining and your posts I always immediately close down sales threads I open when I realize they are yours. You are one of breed who absolutely refuses to sell for fair reseller prices. I don't even bother any more because I know for a fact you are going to want end user prices - even though I like lots of the domains you put up for sale.

Though from what you just said and seeing so many people do it - I guess you guys maybe aren't all just spinning your wheels. I suppose I should give it a shot too. It just seems counterintuitive to seek end user prices on a domainer board but I'll submit that you probably know better than I do.

I got PotLimitOmaha.de - Poker is huge in germany, who has a mid x,xxx offer for me

how'm I doin? :)

P.S. I am not upset I am not finding deals. I've bought more domains from dnforum than I have from any other source. I just have to wade through a lot of unreasonable sellers to get to the fair offers. And expired site traffic is not worth more than 12-18 months revenue. I believe you are referring to your blazingsevens domain - which you probably want $2k for or something when it makes $10 a month and is a reg fee domain sans traffic. And if people are allowed to ask the insane prices they do for domains then I should absolutely be allowed to start threads seeking to buy domains and lowball the shit out of everybody - same exact thing in reverse (and it has worked out pretty well for me fwiw).

Hi

at least it appears that you're trying to understand, but let me clarify something for you:

And expired site traffic is not worth more than 12-18 months revenue. I believe you are referring to your blazingsevens domain - which you probably want $2k for or something when it makes $10 a month and is a reg fee domain sans traffic.

how can you call a domain that makes $10 a month a reg fee name?

:rolleyes:

many of the domains i own, which receive traffic and produce revenue, were purchased when Overture tool was STILL working.

most of them i've owned for several years and regardless to whether they were domains of expired websites or just type-in domains, they STILL produce traffic and revenue year after year.

when you own a domain that has produced such statistics for more than 12-18 months, then what sense does it make to "sell-out" for that range?

you will have to entice me with an "offer that is greater than the return for that period" and include "an amount that factors the domains value as well".
particularly when we are talking about a domain that averages more than $1.00 per click, year after year.

so unless i or any other domainer is in dire need of funds or we don't know value, then most likely you won't get these type of domains.

don't take any of this personal....it's just business :)

imo...

D

Deleted member 111831

how can you call a domain that makes $10 a month a reg fee name?

I didn't. I guess you don't speak spanish. I said it is a reg fee domain 'sans traffic' which means 'without traffic'. So if the domain got no traffic it would be reg fee. Some other names you sold like publ1ch0using etc got traffic but were also outstanding domains, so they had value beyond their traffic - blazing sevensdoes not imo.

when you own a domain that has produced such statistics for more than 12-18 months, then what sense does it make to "sell-out" for that range?

None. I never plan to offer to sell most of my traffic names - expired sites or otherwise. That doesn't mean I'm going to be posting 10 threads a week on here trying to sell all of them for insane pricing hoping some n00b will be dumb enough to buy one of them - but maybe I should?

so unless i or any other domainer is in dire need of funds or we don't know value, then most likely you won't get these type of domains.

Totally agree - my point was that it is wasting everybody's time to post them here for sale though if you feel that way, but I'm willing to suspend that opinion for a period and admit that maybe I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom