Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Having a weird issue with someone that owns a domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have been after this domain name and recently contacted the owner. He initially seemed interested but then started acting weird. Not getting back to me and then claiming hes sold it to someone else yet holding pages are always the same with similar contact details.

What could the reason be for this, possible domainer?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make him your best offer. Tell him it is your final offer. Then move on.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well he said to me someone offered him a certain price

I doubled that and he replied with "thats a good offer, ill consider it"

But he got back to me a few weeks later saying he accepted a much lower offer as he was desperate for the money. I was wondering why he didnt contact me, i could have sent him payment however he wanted instantly

weird,

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to move on...

Was the name on Sedo &/or Afternic?

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No this was actually just a name that interested me on a more personal level rather than a domainer level.

But I just cant work the dude out, I want to open discussions with him somehow but was wondering if anyone is familiar with him.

I dont know if it is safe to mention his company name here though

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO you're digging into it too much. Check the WhoIs to see if it is the same. If it is and it's been a few weeks, tell him your offer is still good. If he doesn't respond, then move on.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL that would be ironic lol

But this guy was from the US and claimed to be from Malaysia and requested an offer in MAlaysian ringetts

IMO you're digging into it too much. Check the WhoIs to see if it is the same. If it is and it's been a few weeks, tell him your offer is still good. If he doesn't respond, then move on.

Draggar normally I dont waste time with them, I give them an offer, possibly increase my offer if they are reluctant, after that i leave it with them.

In this case i should treat it the same also but the slight difference is that ive taken a more personal interest to the domain. And it is a name rather than anything else

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been though the same thing with a domain I took interest in, nothing high valued but the owner started acting rather quirky.

After some email exchanges, I gave up. I may contact him again in the future or just wait for it to drop.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah seems like a similar situation. This name im after has real bad ranking, very minimal traffic so i dont see him making money from it even though it leads to a link farm. Fruthermore, i dont understand why anyone would want to show real interest in such a domain name either.

But as you have said, i think ill leave it and see what happens in the future

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah seems like a similar situation. This name im after has real bad ranking, very minimal traffic so i dont see him making money from it even though it leads to a link farm. Fruthermore, i dont understand why anyone would want to show real interest in such a domain name either.

But as you have said, i think ill leave it and see what happens in the future

Look at it this way. The domain I wanted is a nickname of mine. I own other TLDs of it. 99% of Google results from a search for the domain (w/o TLD) are me. The domain is not considered "short" (over 5 characters).

I've had this nick name since the early 1990s.

The domain is not used at all, not parked, not even partially developed. Error 404. No site.

Owner refused $200 offer for it. *shrug*

Nomzo

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some people are nuts. There's not a lot you can do about it.

A few months ago a guy with bipolar disorder was making $30K offers on Sedo and then completely forgetting about it a week later.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol mine is a similar issue, just not a nickname. more than 5 characters long with no use. I offered 1k USD lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The guy who responded originally is dead from a rare nostril disease. His transgendered lover from Malaysia responds to all emails now. Beware, you might get scammed or even a date.

D

Deleted member 111831

Some people are nuts. There's not a lot you can do about it.

A few months ago a guy with bipolar disorder was making $30K offers on Sedo and then completely forgetting about it a week later.

lol this is Dutch Boyd. he posts on these forums as Jack Names

Shark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess he wants to see your interest level & suck as much money as possible.

Since he originally said "Good offer" for $1k, he can't demand more now. So he says he's sold it to someone (whose details, he alone has).

Inconsistencies with ppl is because they wanna refuse what they did or said one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom