Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Health vs Healthy Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get some input what comes to mind for you guys when you compare the words Health vs Healthy in a domain name referring to food

Examples:
HealthFood.com
HealthyFood.com

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really depends on the keyword that follows.

Where HealthFood and HealthyFood would seem a pretty close pair, something like HealthSource and HealthySource would seem to lean toward Health and HealthLifestyle and HealthyLifestyle really swings toward Healthy. You aren't going to be able to put some formula to it.

You have to go with what sounds right/better

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One is a noun/noun, one is an adjective/noun. HealthFood.com is a much stronger product domain, HealthyFood.com is more of a brandable. Both strong but the Noun/Noun version is much better name in my opinion.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that HealthFood.com is a much better domain all factors considered, and a more serious one too. HealthyFood.com is somewhat obvious and may not work as well for some purposes but he's also right (chipmeade) that it's a bit more on the brandable side. Both are so broad and so generic (health and healthy) that the other word(s) in the domain you eventually go with will be the decisive part

...... HealthFood.com is a much stronger product domain, HealthyFood.com is more of a brandable. Both strong but the Noun/Noun version is much better name in my opinion.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get some input what comes to mind for you guys when you compare the words Health vs Healthy in a domain name referring to food

Examples:
HealthFood.com
HealthyFood.com

"health food" may require some factual or relative information to support the claim, that this product has a "health" benefit.

as opposed to "healthy food" which is more ambiguous

though for the latter, and only if I could have one, or the other... i'd prefer the plural - healthyfoods over healthfoods

but to your specific example, i'd take healthfood

imo....

J

JDN

This thread is very interesting because I asked myself the same question when deciding to purchase healthcuisine.com.

I do agree that 'health food' is great but 'healthy food' is also a very strong expression because 'healthy living' is a more commonly used expression than 'health living' and health is always linked to food.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We could muddle the issue even more if we factored in the plural...HealthFoods.com and HealthyFoods.com.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JDN, in your case it's an easy one, HealthCuisine.com is wayyy better than HealthyCuisine.com (that sounds a bit odd in fact...) As to plural or singular in your case the plural would just not work (HealthCuisines.com or HealthyCuisines.com .... hmmm ... the singular is a bit better but neither one makes the cut imo) In fact I'm surprised a domain like HealthCuisine.com would even be for sale and/or isn't TMd.... if you get to buy it for a good price and it's clear that would be a smart buy indeed ! I wonder how much they're askin...

This thread is very interesting because I asked myself the same question when deciding to purchase healthcuisine.com. I do agree that 'health food' is great but 'healthy food' is also a very strong expression because 'healthy living' is a more commonly used expression than 'health living' and health is always linked to food.

J

JDN

JDN, in your case it's an easy one, HealthCuisine.com is wayyy better than HealthyCuisine.com (that sounds a bit odd in fact...) As to plural or singular in your case the plural would just not work (HealthCuisines.com or HealthyCuisines.com .... hmmm ... the singular is a bit better but neither one makes the cut imo) In fact I'm surprised a domain like HealthCuisine.com would even be for sale and/or isn't TMd.... if you get to buy it for a good price and it's clear that would be a smart buy indeed ! I wonder how much they're askin...
I already own HealthCuisine.com :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom