Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Heard from Chris AND got a phone call from Marc D'Souza... what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmotex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A continuation of an OLD situation and NEW development… a question! What would you do?
I write this NOT to get sympathy but to inform everyone (as in the last post), teach Newbie’s AND remind even the seasoned PROS the number ONE thing – the very FIRST thing YOU must do!
On Sunday September 20 2009 (yesterday) I went to Church and the grocery store getting home at 3PM US-CDT. I had just got through talking with one of the kids on the phone and was cooking for a picnic at the park with a music concert.
Out of the Blue, at 4:46 I get a phone call from Marc D’Souza! Unlike screaming / cursing Chris, he was actually very NICE to talk to through the whole conversation (6, 8 or 10 minutes). I could tell he was ‘somewhat a professional’ type person at about 40 years old. He explained that he is not related to, has absolutely NO association with nor knows Chris DeSouza. I told him at least 3-4 times I was glad he called and WOULD like to set the correct story! Marc said he read the DNforum posts and is a member having bought some DNs with a very high rating!
He did tell me he IS in the FTC action. He said HIS Maurice Father is 62 years old and was just trying to help him. Chris wrote (e-mail 8-10-2009) his Maurice Father is 79 years old! Marc then said “why would he or his Father be doing ANY of this in the Maurice DN ownership name while going through the FTC deal”; which to me makes a lot of sense!
He DID bring up ‘slander’ a couple of times and again I said “I’m glad you called”. I (ME – Scott Petersen) have written what I see and know as the TRUTH, just passing on information. Anyone can think what they want! Marc’s name was never mentioned in any of Chris’ exposure to me so look at what I published on www.MarcDSouza.com . Slander… where? Implication, where? {OK, I see now - I'll amend the website saying "these are EXACT comments from the LINK to the LEFT"} My references were of Maurice Dsouza as the owner of MOST of the DNs Chris put in ‘our partnership’ – look at WhoIS, that is a FACT. As I told Marc and he agreed, ‘you called me’, anyone in the WORLD could call me due to the 1,200 WhoIS records and I’ve exposed everywhere. I have nothing to hide and nothing to be afraid of.
He said he wants 2 of the DNs I bought at what I paid for them, he really couldn’t help me with the $300. I told him $7.50 on the ‘Open Market’ through GoDaddy. KNOWING ME, I would NOT hold him up for $XX,XXX; from me in this case, $7.49 each. I really don’t care about the money anymore! I told him on the phone I would consider transferring when he sends me an e-mail with the request. OK, keep in mind – I'm just a SMALL guy in a BIG world. I wrote this… do YOU think you are the only people reading this? At this point, I can do only so much as my own decision! GET IT!

I DID GET THE E-MAIL FROM MARC Sun 09/20/09 6:15 PM: It was mild with NO threats or stuff and included “…I would like to have the following domains transferred to me to avoid further misinformation from being (inadvertently) spread…” which is OK. Also “…I hope that you are able to resolve your issues with Chris DeSouza. I would also request that you keep my contact information and our communications confidential (but you can 'clear the air' if you would like on the forum)…” Yes, his e address info will not be disclosed. Some of what he said on the phone does NOT add up (below and more).
I have NOT made any transfers and will or can NOT for a little while.

What is puzzling and of QUESTION is the 6 DNs I bought and published! The simple LETTER “e” in the last name! If Chris used ‘dEsouza’ as his last name (on DNforum and elsewhere) and HIS Father IS ‘Maurice’, why do all the icann / WhoIS records show up as ‘D’Souza’ with NO ‘E’? Even on 3 created 08-05-2006 and 5 in 2007 out of the 30 that ‘I co-owned’… that’s a long time to carry that EXACT NAME!
AND of the 6 DNs, if Marc ONLY wants MarcDsouza.com and MauriceDsouza.com… NOT MarcDeSouza.com nor MauriceDeSouza.com… is HE earnest? (My side note: he must NOT know today’s Search Engines)

Another side note that I tell my clients: ‘The Internet RULES the World... the Search Engines RULE the Internet… therefore ultimately, the Search Engines RULE the World!’

The most important thing you MUST do FIRST is… buy YOUR OWN NAME! Buy it (or at least try!) in .com / .net / .us / and whatever COUNTRY you are in! Some evil person could really do...

As above, I have NOT made any transfers and will or can NOT for a little while. This is why we have this forum… What would you do?

Thanks, Scott Petersen :bolt:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why not just update the thread you originally started? why create another one and make us search for it, to figure out what your talking about?

From reading these, I think your making more about this than it really is.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:violin:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whatever font you write in kills my eyes, i give up a paragraph in

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same here, along with the rambling incoherency[/B].

Those are words I was looking for.... The first 5 lines are completely meaningless, unless he's writing a book.

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking Columbo is gonna jump in at any second and say "Oh, and by the way.."

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you mean "Oh... just one more thing" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom