Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Hello - 7 Years Late...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzilla

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a tad longer than most of these "Hello" threads but, here goes...

Hello to all.

It's not lost on me that it's an odd thing that even though I've been a member of this forum for going on 7 years this is my first post. The explanation is that way back in '05 I got to know a name buyer who was a member here and I joined to be able to PM him. I remember selling him a couple of names and never really participated in the forum otherwise. So really for most intents and purposes, I'm new here.

I've been registering names since around 1997, back when Network Solutions and .com, .net and .org were the only games in town. I got "the fever" along with quite a few others seeing some names selling for extremely large dollars (Business.com) but I've never really been an investor, most of the names I've ever registered were for potential development. Over the years I've educated myself in the building of websites, digital graphics, the moving target called "SEO" and some other marketing related concepts. The oldest registration I have is 1998 and I've let some drop and picked up new ones over the years. I've sold a few here and there but some I've held on to in spite of getting what some might consider good offers because to me, they are worth more.

Due to outside interests, jobs and distractions I never really concentrated on making the most of the names I have but recently I decided to concentrate more on this and started doing some research, reading boards and in general trying to come up with a strategy. The first thing I did was list my "portfolio" on Afternic as I had all my names listed with them years ago and sold a few using their services, but I'm already seeing that there might be better ways to do this. I never did the parking thing as it was always my impression that parking is good for peanuts and to date (roughly 30 days) I've accumulated $ .27. Wow (yawn). I joined a few other boards but after reading and checking I think this is the place to be because (most) of you guys are seriously into the name industry. I've been reading these threads quite a bit and I've found some of them very entertaining (the banned domainlordstipperguy thread was a hoot, whatever a hoot is) and some informative, this is ongoing.

I'm thinking the best thing to do is find some hosting that allows multiple domains and just do some small sites for some, larger for others. I've got some good real estate names and while the market is down, houses are still being bought and sold. So I thought I might do Wordpress sites with realty templates and eventually try and sell the sites. I have a names in a variety of categories but not hundreds as I'm sure many of you do, just about 50. Some I'd sell, but some I think are worth developing to try and establish constant streams of revenue. I'd also be open to JVing with someone and I imagine there are some viable creative type strategies that might work.

So I'm here to say hello, HELLO, and if there are those among you who enjoy letting other benefit from your wisdom, chime in. And if you might be interested in working together, or have any suggestions, get in touch if you feel like it. I guess if I want to sell a name I need to post it in the appropriate forum so I'll do that.

Thanks for reading,

Ken

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome Ken, open up that vault :) now I know why I can't get the good names :pound:

welcome :yo:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome Ken :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Ken ... finally! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators