Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hello everyone... new guy in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

damic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all - hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you are out there.

I been on the boards a few times, just had never registered until the last few days. I've been "collecting" some domains for 10+ years so far, a big chunk of them specific to the main industry I deal with. Some domains I've had 8-11 years, some less. Only recently have I even thought about possibly selling any of them as, to be honest, for every domain I get, I generally have an idea behind it - possibly as far as business plans, logos, design parts. So, I wasn't just blindly buying up random domains that serve no purpose, at least not to me, my business and/or clients. The issue was, I never really did anything with a big chunk of them due to not having enough time to tackle them. So, some have just been collecting dust.

I have, however, been able to grab some via expired situations or clients that no longer wanted/needed them. I've managed to wind up with close to 150 domains at this point. And yes, I know there are many out there with thousands, lol. I have no idea if any of them are worth anything, that was never what it was about for me. I was just always trying to find things that were brandable (at least in my mind) and hopefully decent phrases that made sense.

Basically, when I first thought about even trying to sell any of them, I wound up coming across this site and read through various things. Seems like a great place for info and conversation. So, just wanted to say hello to everyone and get that out of the way.

Now... where are the drinks around here?

Domain summit 2024

panterrasbox

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Damic. Welcome. Sounds like we have similar thought processes and number of inventory. What are your preferred industry areas?

Glad you're here!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome, if you need any help just ask

damic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

urlurl... thanks for the offer... may need some advice at some point soon.

panterra.... as far as what industry, I had worked in broadcasting for about 15 years, then started a branding company 10 years ago. So, a bulk of my focus has mostly been radio/tv - and various marketing/branding areas. But like I said, from time to time I had spotted some domains that seemed to have some good potential and snacked them up.

damic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So... what is the "DNF$" that appears under usernames/avatars on the left? Just curious what that is about.

damic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks ninja.... appreciate it!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

urlurl... thanks for the offer... may need some advice at some point soon.

panterra.... as far as what industry, I had worked in broadcasting for about 15 years, then started a branding company 10 years ago. So, a bulk of my focus has mostly been radio/tv - and various marketing/branding areas. But like I said, from time to time I had spotted some domains that seemed to have some good potential and snacked them up.

my main niche are brandable names,

damic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gotcha. I'd post a list of some of mine, just not sure what the rules are about anything like that. Wouldn't mind having others opinions/thoughts on them.

dkdomainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome :)

"I'd post a list of some of mine, just not sure what the rules are about anything like that. Wouldn't mind having others opinions/thoughts on them."

You can post some under domain name appraisal discussion

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
send me a PM if you have specific questions

damic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks much to you both...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF ;)

damic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you Katherine :)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome damic,

I am a niche domainer as well. It is a fun hobby, and I think you'll find that even though you have no current use for them, it can be hard to let some of your "babies" go when the time comes.

I wish you the best of luck in domainland!

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

The drinks are at the corners of the room.
Beer, Wine and Liquor are on the left and Milk and Orange Juice are on the right.

damic

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jack - exactly! When they are your "babies"... it's hard to part with them. Hell, even hard to see any faults too, lol

Johnn.... THANK YOU! Been walking around here for hours and have yet to see one waitress. Looks like I was in the wrong place.... sounds like i need to go left....

Thanks to both you and mvl for the welcome too... Happy Tanks and Turkey too!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to DNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom