Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hello, Fellow Domain Enthusiasts!

WorldWideWebDomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, all!

I've been collecting domains for about 15 years.

I had gotten burned by various companies over the years that seemed to offer extensions that weren't actually real, such as the new.net extensions and a UK company that offered .usa years ago.

I'm excited that the new gTLDs are now being offered, and over the past year, I've accumulated about 800 incredible names.

I seem to be much better at brainstorming and purchasing names than I am at monetizing, developing, marketing, and selling them. Hopefully, this forum and Adam's DNF College will help to change that.

David Hunsinger

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF :)

I hope you haven't registered too many new gTLDs though :)

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You have 4 times the amount of domains I have!

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) Welcome, finally. I'm amazed you've been into domains 15 yrs and never became a DNF member. Did NP give you good advice.... lol ? Up until April 2014 (before Adam upgraded DNF) some of the content written on DNF was available to non-users but not anymore
2) I don't know how closely you've been watching but I would not be that excited about ANY new gTLD, period. Wait until that new ext is somewhat more established but with 800 of them already I'm too late stating this, and new gTLDs aren't cheap to handreg
3) And it's because of that experience you have with exts that weren't real that I would've expected you to be all the more reluctant....but I hope you prove me wrong ! :cool:

.....I've been collecting domains for about 15 years......I had gotten burned by various companies over the years that seemed to offer extensions that weren't actually real, such as the new .net extensions and a UK company that offered .usa years ago......I'm excited that the new gTLDs are now being offered, and over the past year, I've accumulated about 800 incredible names

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey David
Welcome to DNF

Gtlds are good if it's a one word premium domains that you plan to hold for so long.

evirtual1

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome David, wow 800 New Gtld's ..... I have about six, maybe seven ? Good luck with that

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Yep, registering is easy...selling is the tricky part!

I sold my first name 15 years ago. Good to meet someone from that time (before this forum existed!).

I think there's a lot of potential for the new generic names. Good luck with them.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
very nice you decided to come on dnf and good luck to you.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators